Community Center > Buy & Sell

Looking for a new to me boat

<< < (2/4) > >>

taymocharters:
Go on www.lakeontariounitted.com  two gradys for sale on there.

TyeeTanic:
Those are 30 to 40 year old boats. I'm sure they'll come with their projects.

But I have to say, this one looks good though, on the photos.

https://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing-hunting/topic/89248-1989-grady-white-seafarer-226-for-sale/?tab=comments#comment-649208

Anyhow, I wasn't really looking to get into a boat ... just saying a Grady that's in great condition in the +20 ft range is probably going to cost more than $25k.

riff_raff_fishing:
Thanks for the link. I look on lakeontariounited regularly. There are lots of nice looking boats for sale in the US but with the border closed it doesn’t seem to be an option. Anyhow, it doesn’t have to be a Grady, I was merely indicating the style of boat I am looking for.

TyeeTanic:

--- Quote from: riff_raff_fishing on February 02, 2021, 07:52:35 pm ---Thanks for the link. I look on lakeontariounited regularly. There are lots of nice looking boats for sale in the US but with the border closed it doesn’t seem to be an option. Anyhow, it doesn’t have to be a Grady, I was merely indicating the style of boat I am looking for.

--- End quote ---

Riff raff, if you could get your hands on a Grady, that would be a sweet ride man. I wouldn't discount it ... even if you had to stretch and pay $30k ... and as for the boarder ... it might be worthwhile to be patient ... this COVID stuff can't go on forever. There's a lot of good boating options down in the US.  My buddy has now purchased two or three via the US, and although he's had to put some time into updating/fixing ... the purchases were REALLY good and the boats turned out to be outstanding and worthwhile once he was done with the updates.

riff_raff_fishing:
Yeah - The Gradys look nice and I understand they have a very good reputation. I may be able to stretch to $30k (with permission from the CFO, aka wife) but have to bear in mind that I will probably have to kit the boat out for fishing. Having said that I kitted out my previous boat gradually over several years. Probably more important to get the right platform and then build up gradually from there. Just have to go without some of the niceties like downriggers and FishHawk for a while. Maybe more boats will come on the market in Canada as spring approaches - there is very little of interest at the moment. And hopefully the border will open sooner rather than later.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version