Author Topic: Sirius Renewal  (Read 1019 times)

Yellow Fever

• Shaker
Sirius Renewal
« on: February 10, 2021, 08:53:31 pm »
So my year is up on my Sirius subscription and they are offering $5.00 per month for 6 months then it goes to $16.99 So I called Sirius Canada and get a call center (not in Canada) and tell them it"s $5.00 a month all year which they say ok if i give them my credit card and I won't because they tried to bill me $240 one year.  If they bill me it goes to $120. which is $40.00 dollars more than the other price (with the taxes and royalties)  I called back 3 times on different numbers and each time got the off shore call center and even tried the French option one time. I looked all over the internet for a customer retention number and could not locate one, anyone have a number?

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

chessy

• Shaker
Re: Sirius Renewal
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2021, 12:18:50 pm »
we pay 100 a year for 6 accounts and one portable unit

fisherman

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2021, 04:54:26 pm »
So my year is up on my Sirius subscription and they are offering $5.00 per month for 6 months then it goes to $16.99 So I called Sirius Canada and get a call center (not in Canada) and tell them it"s $5.00 a month all year which they say ok if i give them my credit card and I won't because they tried to bill me $240 one year.  If they bill me it goes to $120. which is $40.00 dollars more than the other price (with the taxes and royalties)  I called back 3 times on different numbers and each time got the off shore call center and even tried the French option one time. I looked all over the internet for a customer retention number and could not locate one, anyone have a number?

Give them one of those pre loaded credit cards with a maximum of $70.  Seems to work in the US.

Tom McCutcheon

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2021, 04:55:32 pm »

I would be interested to know how you managed that. One radio in our boat, used from ice out (early May) to ice up (mid November) or 5 to 6 months, and that was $110.00 to $130.00 depending on ice. Only used it on the boat for sports (baseball) and music. I have to say it was certainly nice to have when we were North and the normal radio reception was poor. 

chessy

• Shaker
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2021, 12:46:52 pm »

I would be interested to know how you managed that. One radio in our boat, used from ice out (early May) to ice up (mid November) or 5 to 6 months, and that was $110.00 to $130.00 depending on ice. Only used it on the boat for sports (baseball) and music. I have to say it was certainly nice to have when we were North and the normal radio reception was poor.

I will talk to the wife

Tom McCutcheon

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2021, 02:38:59 pm »
I hear you. My financial advisor is my wife as well....LOL

I got tired of all the hassles of each year dealing with someone on the other end of the phone who couldn't understand why I didn't want yearly radio service on a boat which was put away for 4 to 5 months with no batteries installed. Phone in the fall to suspend for the winter and phone again in the spring to reinstate. If you missed the date/timeline by a day, you got dinged/billed for an extra month.

I still have the radio and antenna attached but have since cancelled the contract, and for the past three years have been bugged repeatedly for special 6 month deals, low monthly rates for the first 3 months etc. etc. I will use the MP3 player when needed up north and listen to local radio stations here.   

chessy

• Shaker
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2021, 05:36:39 pm »
I hear you. My financial advisor is my wife as well....LOL

I got tired of all the hassles of each year dealing with someone on the other end of the phone who couldn't understand why I didn't want yearly radio service on a boat which was put away for 4 to 5 months with no batteries installed. Phone in the fall to suspend for the winter and phone again in the spring to reinstate. If you missed the date/timeline by a day, you got dinged/billed for an extra month.

I still have the radio and antenna attached but have since cancelled the contract, and for the past three years have been bugged repeatedly for special 6 month deals, low monthly rates for the first 3 months etc. etc. I will use the MP3 player when needed up north and listen to local radio stations here.

we have one that is portable that plugs into a 12 volt and the attana is magnetic it can go with any of my work trucks that don't have sirrus raido.  (older trucks ). never though of putting it on my boat... looks like my worker will be out of a radio come summer

my wife says just yell and scream at them and ask for a family plan.... ps tell them the weather does not work in Ontario...

aa13

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2021, 08:12:29 pm »
I have the Siriusxm App downloaded on my phone and just hook that to my JBL blue tooth speaker. I have access to the app because of my vehicle subscription. Has worked well for me the last couple years.
Keep It Simple Stupid

Yellow Fever

• Shaker
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2021, 08:27:38 am »
So...i did renew, i got it for $5 per month plus taxes and the royalty. I'm ok with that price

pman

• Shaker
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2021, 01:24:06 pm »
I just cancelled completely and use Spotify..

Roffey

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2021, 08:02:12 am »
Amazon Music and Amazon Video is free with an Amazon Prime subscription.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk