Author Topic: leadcore  (Read 2222 times)

djsff

• Smolt
leadcore
« on: February 27, 2021, 04:19:30 pm »
Fairly new to fishing lake O, just the past 2 springs the latter of which was pretty much a bust due to closed ramps.   I have been only using dipsies and boards, do not have riggers. Debating adding leadcore to the spread...just wondering if anyone uses it in the spring on the southshore? If so, how many colours would be recommended?  Any other suggestions?
Thanks

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

riggermortis

• Full Box
Re: leadcore
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2021, 05:45:29 pm »
If I only had one lead core rod it would be a five colour and if I had two I'd add a ten. If your using boards get the lead out.

bwm3115

• Shaker
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 08:15:51 am »
Another option is using snap weights, or other types of weights that will get your lure down, I personally like lead core and I carry several reels that are spooled up ready to go so I don't have to carry as many rods, I have a small boat and space is important.

malew

• Shaker
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2021, 10:11:58 am »
Early spring planer boards for browns 10 to 20 foot no lead core, as spring progresses fish are still high so 3 colours is all you need,
Later of course as fish move out and down colours increase to 10. Best have a couple of reels with 3 or 4 colours and a couple with 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djsff

• Smolt
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2021, 04:55:36 pm »
Thanks for the tips/suggestions.
It is appreciated! 
Good luck this spring!

jds

• Shaker
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2021, 11:02:01 am »
I run only one leadcore rod, that being 3 color.

Off the boards, it will run anywhere between 12 to 17 ft. down, depending on boat speed.

Add a snap weight after the core on the backer to get more depth, I use the Offshore 50/50 charts and it gets me close.

Very good presentation off the lowest rigger on flat sunny days with a mag spoon.