Author Topic: 2021 Tournaments  (Read 4218 times)

Maxed Out

• Smolt
2021 Tournaments
« on: March 10, 2021, 10:32:25 am »
To my understanding both The Great Ontario Salmon Derby and The Silver Salmon Challenge are both taking place this year (2021). Is this correct? How will these tournaments compete against each other? Will people enter both tournaments?

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

krawler

• Full Box
Re: 2021 Tournaments
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2021, 11:51:30 am »
Also the Great Salmon Hunt is scheduled as well.

Im not sure how all 3 will function. 

I believe the GOSD will not allow you to weigh fish in in other tournament.  But the SSC will allow you to weigh in fish from one day tournaments in to their tournament. 

aa13

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 07:50:30 pm »
Although I enjoyed the GOSD I don't believe they kept have up with the times. Their rules are a little dated, the payout timeline is way to long. I think they could make a lot of improvements.

The SSC challenge took the Lake by storm last year by updating the rules. The boat ticket was the best idea. The payouts the following week was a great idea. But that's what you get when fishermen that make their living on the Lake put together a major Tournament, They understand what other fishermen on the Lake want to see in a tourny.

My money is going to the SSC this summer
Keep It Simple Stupid

hookemhard

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2021, 07:53:16 am »
Although I enjoyed the GOSD I don't believe they kept have up with the times. Their rules are a little dated, the payout timeline is way to long. I think they could make a lot of improvements.

The SSC challenge took the Lake by storm last year by updating the rules. The boat ticket was the best idea. The payouts the following week was a great idea. But that's what you get when fishermen that make their living on the Lake put together a major Tournament, They understand what other fishermen on the Lake want to see in a tourny.

Sorry but you are not correct on any of your points, GOSD was the best tournament running and was always fair and always asked for input from fisherman, keeping it modern and always honest for all competing in it. 

If you would have placed in one of the top 10 spots you would have experienced the awesome final shootout at the end of the season including the prize ceremony that followed with free Beer and Pizza for everyone including your family and fiends extremely well executed I for one missed the GOSD last year. 

Got2Bite

• Full Box
    • Got2Bite Fishing Tackle
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2021, 08:35:20 am »
The GOSD is under new ownership.

The organizers stepped up to the plate last year and was quickly organized and evolved as time went on.  The idea of a payout soon after the week was over, is a great for the participants.   The SSC fully paid out all of their prizes, as advertised.  Apparently that was not the case with Great Salmon Hunt.

I think this year we have too much of a good thing, most charters will not be able to participate in all 3. 

I'm looking forward to seeing what the boards for each read, and how many of the derbies will have full boards (10 spots filled) and have full payouts.
Fish Got2Bite

aa13

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2021, 07:13:08 pm »

Sorry but you are not correct on any of your points, GOSD was the best tournament running and was always fair and always asked for input from fisherman, keeping it modern and always honest for all competing in it. 

If you would have placed in one of the top 10 spots you would have experienced the awesome final shootout at the end of the season including the prize ceremony that followed with free Beer and Pizza for everyone including your family and fiends extremely well executed I for one missed the GOSD last year.

2nd place week 4 with a 32.36. And did not enjoy the wait for the riggers or cash, or the shootout on a cold weekend when the fishing was already done. Not here for a pissing match pal. Just my opinion. This is an open forum and people should not be slammed for having an opinion.
Keep It Simple Stupid