Author Topic: Jordan Mar 24 - First softwater trip of the year.  (Read 3279 times)

BillM

• Full Box
Jordan Mar 24 - First softwater trip of the year.
« on: March 25, 2021, 02:09:43 pm »
Fun day out on the lake yesterday, nice to see the weatherman wrong again.  Got a nice sunburn instead of being soaked with rain :)   Launched out of Port D and headed to Jordan.  Stuck around there all day pulling boards and trying to figure out the fish.   All fish were caught in anywhere from 15ft-30ft.   Lost a nice chinook in 15ft of water on the outside board running a 2 3/4in deep Live Target in rainbow smelt.   Key for us yesterday was small baits, anything normal sized didn't get a sniff.   We were rummaging through the gear to see if we had anything small enough lol.   Biggest laker of the day was  around 12-13lbs, 23fow on a 3in Sutton spoon.  Speeds were 2.0-2.2 all day, didn't seem to matter much, warmest water we found was 44.    Didn't touch a brown and didn't see much bait.  A few bait balls right in the dirty stuff off Jordan and that was it (Same place we smacked that king).     A few more weeks and it should be on. 

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

simcoeslayer77

• 24 Pounder
Re: Jordan Mar 24 - First softwater trip of the year.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2021, 02:38:13 pm »
My go too lures early for the browns are ac shiner 300 in black/silver, blue/silver, green/silver and orange/gold j7 rapala. This year I want to try a rapala bx jointed minnow and Ripplin red fin just out of curiosity.  But my most productive has always been the black/silver ac shiner 300. Year in, year out.

I got out last Saturday with no luck. Fished in tight @ 1.8-2.2 mph. This big rainfall will warm things up and make some nice coloured water. Bait fish will be in and predators will follow.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

BillM

• Full Box
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2021, 03:25:40 pm »
RR's were out in force yesterday and nothing.  All my small stuff was at home.  We got it done though with what we had.   Hopefully this info helps any guys that are getting out in the next few days. 

speerzy

• Shaker
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2021, 12:28:32 pm »
Thanks for the report BillM and simcoeslayer77. Hopefully can get my boat out this weekend!!

spincast

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2021, 09:06:05 pm »
Nice going Bill - 100% agree on the any day now for silver streaks. Bring on the kings. You still using the weather network, LOL? I lost 1/2  season to their forecasts :) 3 inch flicker shad on a 3 colour worked well for us our season opener

BillM

• Full Box
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2021, 10:44:00 am »
Nice going Bill - 100% agree on the any day now for silver streaks. Bring on the kings. You still using the weather network, LOL? I lost 1/2  season to their forecasts :) 3 inch flicker shad on a 3 colour worked well for us our season opener

I try to use a few, lol!   Windfinder being the #1 that will keep me off (or on) the big pond. 

spincast

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2021, 06:09:33 pm »

I try to use a few, lol!   Windfinder being the #1 that will keep me off (or on) the big pond.

I don't know about you, but I found the last couple years it doesn't seem to be as accurate as it used to be?  I have had the same experience where the prediction even in superforescast mode missed. Kinda sucks when you gotta start building a consensus on wave heights and directions.  Hopefully they get the Grimsby buoy back on line soon and my sencond opinion will be back in play