Author Topic: Lake Ontario Forans Marine Super Day #2, April 4  (Read 1672 times)

vmuravin

• Shaker
Lake Ontario Forans Marine Super Day #2, April 4
« on: April 05, 2021, 12:44:03 pm »
"5 double headers are way better than 1 quad-header"

A payback for 2020 continues - same day as last weekend, except that the first fires were a little later in the morning. Dropped the stuff in the water probably ~8 am after all the lineup at Forans Marine. The Terrova kept driving me nuts as all waves (which meteorologists conveniently managed to under-prognose) were to the side of the boat (~1.5ft) while I was trying to stay parallel to the shore. So first ~40 minutes were spent mostly practicing a few very important key words from 3 languages that are predominantly used on fishing trips. Lake became nearly flat towards very late morning.

35-40 fow, all fish 15-20ft down. Between ~9-11am 100ft weighted steel and 3-color lead core on planers were working overtime, each bite turning into double header. Riggers did not fire until about 10:30am and gave us 4 fish, cowbell and dodger with flies behind them.

Total caught 15 or 16 on 19 bites, all lakers, the biggest ones and one with a side wound were asked to leave the boat to keep a 4-man limit. Limited out by 11:30 or so.

Then we went to about 50-70 fow, made a few passes there as we saw a dozen of boats deep, threw spin doctors and flashers, got 2 more lakers ~30 down, let them go and called it a day. 1 boat at Forans Marine had a king, so hopefully very soon the big stuff will begin.

Other than that, I keep getting nervous every time I think about what a big angry king can do to the the weighted steel setups (and overall stretch-less lines that I am using 1st time this season) I made during the winter, so far they held well with the lakers. Happy season everyone and Happy Easter Monday.

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

Happy Harry

• Smolt
Re: Lake Ontario Forans Marine Super Day #2, April 4
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 08:31:42 am »
Congrats on the fishing. Anyone heard of browns off Wicklow or Cobourg yet? Been catching lakers off Amherst but thinking of heading to Wicklow?

trophycraft

• 30 Pounder
  • Kevin
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2021, 11:26:01 pm »
Nice catching and great report Vlad! You will love fighting an angry king on the steel line! I'm glad your having better luck on lake O this year!

Cheers!

vmuravin

• Shaker
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2021, 12:36:28 am »
Nice catching and great report Vlad! You will love fighting an angry king on the steel line! I'm glad your having better luck on lake O this year!

Cheers!

Thanks Kevin! :D I did lots of homework during the winter lockdown and if there is any reason salmons did not show up yet, it is because they are scared of me. But sooner of later the hunger will take over. How are my former walleye blue diamonds? Are you treating them well?  ;)

trophycraft

• 30 Pounder
  • Kevin
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 11:44:20 pm »
The blue Diamond's worked out great! We caught a few walleye with them in the fall. This 9lb 2 oz walleye was our biggest. Caught by my Lady!

I'm sure you'll hook into a King soon. It's just a matter of time if your out on the water a lot. Considering the Stay at home order, might as well be out in the boat chasing Kings!

Good Luck!

vmuravin

• Shaker
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2021, 10:57:27 am »
There are so many trips I don't have time to do even... considering the "working from home" situation  ;D but I will make a trip this year for these huge walleyes. May have questions later in the year on these. Thanks again Kevin! Vlad