Author Topic: Lake Ontario Forans Marine Super Day #3, April 10 (Same Sh$t Another Weekend)  (Read 2031 times)

vmuravin

• 24 Pounder
Another round of lakers. On the water at 7 AM (I think) with 2 socially distant and masked buddies making an essential trip in order to sustain a good mental health. Limited out by 10 or so. Same thing as last weekend, 35-40 fow at Grimsby.

We probably could have limited much earlier but I was smart enough to keep trolling after the 2nd double header towards Niagara so that we had about 30 min breakfast without interruptions with a nice special hot tea with berries and home-made smoked turkey pastrami sandwiches. The desert was a blast too!  ;D

Summary 11/11, 2 sent back to the lake, spend another 2 hours or so trolling at 50-70 fow, a few marks, no bites. Someone at the marina said they have a coho in the well.

Good physical workout before salmons.

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

4lbstest

• 24 Pounder
Wow!, you eat all those Lake Ontario's most toxic fish!?

vmuravin

• 24 Pounder
Wow!, you eat all those Lake Ontario's most toxic fish!?

Yes. We usually throw back into the lake the big ones and either cold-smoke or bake the smallest ones. I usually trim every possible fat I can find off the laker. I also prefer salmon over laker but many of my friends are crazy on such lakers as they are fatty fish and some people like that.

About the high-quality food... Do you eat Pringles and KitKat? How about Heintz ketchup? BigMac?

Happy season and tight lines!

drjoe

• Full Box
What bait lures worked for you ? Again no proven health risks of eating Lake Ontario salmon trout ! Do you know what is in that " Big Mac " ?