Author Topic: No more fishing???  (Read 10080 times)

SS Krapola

• Shaker
Re: No more fishing???
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2021, 11:01:25 am »
Purpose is feeding the family

Burp. LOL

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

Salmon Sublx8r

• Full Box
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2021, 11:42:41 am »

kayakhank

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2021, 05:43:29 pm »
They just changed their view on outdoor parks and playgrounds.  Not sure if this will mean marinas will be allowed to open.  I realize it is not the same thing.  If I had young kids I would be going bonkers.

salmonmauler69

• Shaker
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2021, 11:38:22 pm »
Some marinas have closed already and delayed launches. Most are reviewing the fine print of the details which just came available;

"The specifics and details from yesterdays announcement have now been published and we have just been made aware of updated restrictions to our sector. These restrictions are similar to what we managed in May 2020 and are in place (currently) until May 20, 2021.

(5) Section 37 of Schedule 2 to the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:

Marinas

37. (1) Marinas that meet the conditions set out in this section.

(2) Subject to subsection (4), only the following services may be provided:

1. Repairing or servicing boats or other watercraft.

2. Placing boats or other watercraft in the water to be secured to a dock until the marina is open to the public.

3. Any other services that may be required to,

1. enable individuals to access their place of residence or their other property,
11. support government operations or services, or
111. support the transportation of items by commercial barges.
(3) For greater certainty, the person who operates the marina shall not permit it to be used for recreational boating purposes except as described in paragraphs 1 and 2 of subsection (2).

(4) For greater certainty, nothing in this Order precludes a person responsible for a marina that maintains docking facilities for members or patrons from operating a food or drink establishment on the premises, as long as section 6 is complied with.

Further information can be found within these links;

https://files.ontario.ca/solgen_oreg297-21_amend82-20_2021-04-17.pdf

https://www.ontario.ca/page/emergency-information

https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/200082/v60?search=firearms

For all members – we would interpret that these new regulations permit you to continue to pull shrink wrap and prep boats for the season (2 – 1 & 2 above).

For boat dealers - Please refer to Schedule 2, Section 9 of Ontario Regulation 82/20.

For marinas – please pay close attention to section 3 ‘person who operates the marina shall not permit it to be used for recreational boating purposes except as described in paragraphs 1 and 2 of subsection (2)’. We would interpret that you must make effort to disable the boats once they are launched.

For dryland members – we would interpret that your water access clients may – under strict social distancing protocols – pick up their boats to ‘enable access to place of residence or their other property."

Launch ramps would most likely be closed as they were in 2020..........although not the greatest news, hopefully will help clarify questions.

Dax

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2021, 01:02:32 am »
I'm torn by this too. But I've decided to be apart of the solution, not the problem. Fishing IS essential for me, but so is LIFE for ALL people. Not fishing for a few weeks or even months isn't the end of the world. Dying is though.

Salmon Sublx8r

• Full Box
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2021, 09:32:05 am »
I'm torn by this too. But I've decided to be apart of the solution, not the problem. Fishing IS essential for me, but so is LIFE for ALL people. Not fishing for a few weeks or even months isn't the end of the world. Dying is though.
99.98%

HBC

• Full Box
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2021, 10:21:20 am »
99.98%

We get your position and understand your (and others including myself) frustration.  Perhaps Sweden or the US is more to your liking.

Salmon Sublx8r

• Full Box
No more fishing[emoji47]
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2021, 10:30:58 am »
99.98%

We get your position and understand your (and others including myself) frustration.  Perhaps Sweden or the US is more to your liking.
% doesn’t change.

drjoe

• Full Box
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2021, 11:07:13 am »
Mr. Ford has backed off random police checks so I can trailer my boat to the ramp and fish using the public health measures that have protected me in the last ~ 14 months without any harassment ! That is ALL I want let me make the choice ! As I previously posted there is no COVID19 or even Lyme disease on Lake Ontario !
As an aside the use of offensive ad hominums and derogatory diminutives such as " commie " only detract from the site and can only alienate those among us who MAY have a different opinion than yours !

Salmon Sublx8r

• Full Box
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2021, 11:19:27 am »
Mr. Ford has backed off random police checks so I can trailer my boat to the ramp and fish using the public health measures that have protected me in the last ~ 14 months without any harassment ! That is ALL I want let me make the choice ! As I previously posted there is no COVID19 or even Lyme disease on Lake Ontario !
As an aside the use of offensive ad hominums and derogatory diminutives such as " commie " only detract from the site and can only alienate those among us who MAY have a different opinion than yours !
Thank you for this post. I’ll be the bigger man and apologize for my remarks. The mental stress affects everyone in different ways. Will those who push their fear-mongering narratives and wanting me to leave this country also apologize? I don’t think that is acceptable on a fishing forum. Listen... I’ve been a wellness doctor for over 20 years. I know quite a bit about health as well as interpreting data. Yes, the virus is real, but the recovery rate is exceptionally high. Imagine... informing people of ways to improve your health naturally and risks and then leaving them free to make their own decisions. I wish you all to Stay Sane. And if you feel in danger, then Stay Home.

HBC

• Full Box
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2021, 12:06:44 pm »
Fear mongering?  This is what the province is asking and not me.  Perhaps your beef is with them.  Please show me where I asked you to leave the country and maybe I can aid with comprehension. 

This has nothing to do with me as I am not feeling that I am in danger however I see the impact this endless COVID discussion has on people, including my children, my wife (who is dealing with cancer), and my extended family of which 3 of them work in hospitals (including my wife). 

If staying home is what is asked, I guess you should do something else.  Being the bigger person is complying, not defying. 

Salmon Sublx8r

• Full Box
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2021, 12:23:29 pm »
Fear mongering?  This is what the province is asking and not me.  Perhaps your beef is with them.  Please show me where I asked you to leave the country and maybe I can aid with comprehension. 

This has nothing to do with me as I am not feeling that I am in danger however I see the impact this endless COVID discussion has on people, including my children, my wife (who is dealing with cancer), and my extended family of which 3 of them work in hospitals (including my wife). 

If staying home is what is asked, I guess you should do something else.  Being the bigger person is complying, not defying.
LOL

HBC

• Full Box
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2021, 12:42:09 pm »
Yes, my reply is quite humorous.  Cancer is very funny.  Having people who actually work in the health care system with their feedback too is very funny.

I did laugh at your reply too but was polite enough to not remark on it.  Our chiropractor also has their views too, but they don't subscribe incense, Vit D, CBD or zinc as a solution.

Salmon Sublx8r

• Full Box
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2021, 12:52:24 pm »
LOL

CATNIP II

• Full Box
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2021, 07:31:38 pm »
Random stops at RIDE checkpoints are legal.

"The R.I.D.E. program provides police officers with the legal right to perform planned roadside checks to identify and charge drivers who are under the influence of alcohol. The Supreme Court of Canada has ruled in favour of R.I.D.E. as a justification for stopping and checking drivers. In this regard, R.I.D.E. is unique as it gives officers the right to briefly detain and question driver even if there are no grounds or probable cause for believing that a driver is over the legal blood alcohol limit, impaired or has committed any offence."

The justification for RIDE (presumably) is to prevent death and injury.  Would the courts apply the same logic to random stops with no probable cause to prevent the spread of a life threatening illness?  Just asking.