Author Topic: No more fishing???  (Read 10078 times)

4lbstest

• 24 Pounder
Re: No more fishing???
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2021, 07:51:00 pm »
LOL

I see you made a numerous positive! contributions to the subject/board with your LOLs....keep up the good work  ::)

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

Salmon Sublx8r

• Full Box
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2021, 08:04:32 pm »
LOL

I see you made a numerous positive! contributions to the subject/board with your LOLs....keep up the good work  ::)
LMAO

Dax

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2021, 08:13:39 pm »
Its NOT about being afraid, like the idiot protesters in St.Catharines last week, and NF this weekend claim.

Its about thinking about others, not yourself!

HBC

• Full Box
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2021, 08:19:24 pm »
I’ve reported your comments. Your name calling and attacks on those suggesting we comply with COVID rules are not appropriate to a fishing forum. There are plenty of political forums for you to whine on.
And you’re reported for fear mongering.

Following the government lockdown is fear mongering.   ???

waterdownredneck

• Full Box
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2021, 08:58:23 am »
I have also put my turkey gear away, hopefully we will get out for the last week but who knows, there is talk of extending this further.  The only positive I can force myself to accept is the time it will give the resources to regenerate for later in the year or next season, but I still stare longingly at my boat daily. 
"Little Getaway", Waterdown, ON

TyeeTanic

• Full Box
  • King Kongs
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2021, 11:09:42 am »
I'm going fishing.

Also, is just going for a Sunday drive to get out of the house with your wife (or partner), and STAYING in your car, against the law now??  This is insanity at best!
Fishing, the best addiction out there ...

Dax

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2021, 01:54:12 pm »
What if you get in an accident on the way to your 'essential' fishing trip? ICUs are almost full? What then? Its called a 'Stay at Home order' for a reason. Think of others, not yourself. Not an easy thing for us North Americans to do but its important. Fishing can wait a bit. The Lakes will still be there in a month. My boats back on axle stands till at least May 20th. I'm not happy about it but its the RIGHT THING TO DO. Try it.

BillM

• Full Box
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2021, 02:15:38 pm »
What if you get in an accident on the way to your 'essential' fishing trip? ICUs are almost full? What then? Its called a 'Stay at Home order' for a reason. Think of others, not yourself. Not an easy thing for us North Americans to do but its important. Fishing can wait a bit. The Lakes will still be there in a month. My boats back on axle stands till at least May 20th. I'm not happy about it but its the RIGHT THING TO DO. Try it.

What happens if you get into an accident going to Costco, Walmart or Tim Hortons? 

TyeeTanic

• Full Box
  • King Kongs
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2021, 02:20:46 pm »

What if you get so depressed about staying locked in your house that you develop suicidal thoughts and put the ICUs in jeopardy because they need to surveil you 24h around the clock?

TyeeTanic

• Full Box
  • King Kongs
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2021, 02:26:29 pm »

What happens if you do some work around your house and injur yourself, and need to go to hospital?
What if you start the bbq, and you get burned by accident?
What if you are doing gardening and you get bit by a tick with lime disease?
What if you are exercising on your treadmill and fall, and break a bone?
What if you are on your bed watching your phone so much (because you're too afraid to do anything else) and serious migraines set in, to the extent that you need to go see a doctor?
What if you are eating fish and you choke on a bone you didn't see?

... I can do this forever man ... my point is, there's a level in your head ... if you're not careful, paranoia sets in, and then you totally shut down, because you just worry about all the things that could go wrong.  At the end of the day, you CANNOT stop your life. Be cautious, don't be negligent and put yourself in harms way ... 99.99% of the time, nothing happens, and all is good. If something happens, it's life.  Fishing won't change anything, except actually reduce the spread of COVID for being outside (instead of locked up inside where transmission is most effective), and you will do your mental health a lot of justice!

Salmon Sublx8r

• Full Box
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2021, 02:46:42 pm »

What happens if you do some work around your house and injur yourself, and need to go to hospital?
What if you are on your bed watching your phone so much (because your too afraid to do anything else) and serious migraines set in, to the extent that you need to go see a doctor?

... I can do this forever man ... my point is, there's a level in your head ... if you're not careful, paranoia sets in, and then you totally shut down, because you just worry about all the things that could go wrong.  At the end of the day, you CANNOT stop your life. Be cautious, don't be negligent and put yourself in harms way ... 99.99% of the time, nothing happens, and all is good. If something happens, it's life.  Fishing won't change anything, except actually reduce the spread of COVID for being outside (instead of locked up inside where transmission is most effective), and you will do your mental health a lot of justice!
Well said

Dax

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2021, 06:19:26 pm »

What if you are on your bed watching your phone so much (because your too afraid to do anything else) and serious migraines set in, to the extent that you need to go see a doctor?

One of the many differences between you and I, I'm not gonna argue with you.

TyeeTanic

• Full Box
  • King Kongs
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2021, 06:30:02 pm »
No need for arguing ... I'm just talking.
My point is, I don't think you're moving the needle at all on risk to hospitals by going fishing.
If anything, encouraging people to get out, and get some peace of mind will help the cause.

HBC

• Full Box
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2021, 06:56:59 pm »
You don't have a boat - how you going fishing now?

BillM

• Full Box
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2021, 12:18:24 am »
You don't have a boat - how you going fishing now?

Lots of rivers open for steelhead.