Author Topic: First King Salmon, April 17  (Read 2406 times)

vmuravin

• 24 Pounder
First King Salmon, April 17
« on: April 18, 2021, 10:48:56 pm »
Went for the same route as the last weekend and the one before last and the one before-before last  ;)

Very tough day, on the water from 7am to about 3:30 pm with socially distant buddies with masks (less taking a picture  ;) ) who chose fishing Lake Ontario over super-spreader place like Costco for getting fish and recharged the battery for maintaining a good mental health.

First fish came around 8 am or may be even later, which we lost. Then double header with 1 loss, then triple header with 1 loss, then nothing for a while, then another bite and so on... Slower than usual, going between 25-40 fow back and forth, water temperature 42-44F. Lots of marks of some fish, which I assume is neither salmon nor lakers otherwise we'd have 25-header. I suppose this is food for the above-mentioned.

Total catch is 8/12, all lakers except last one - when I said let's call it a day and pack, a 3-color lead core at 25 fow fired with first king salmon of the season!

That's how we are going to start the Lockdown 2.0 after Mr Ford and his incompetent colleagues shamelessly and openly threatened Ontario residents on camera from the teleprompter. Happy Season everybody.

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

DocK

• 30 Pounder
Re: First King Salmon, April 17
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 08:30:08 pm »
That screen shot reminds me of the Gizzard Shad incident of 2008. In the spring near ports with warm water adult gizzards can show up and some are 20”. Their signature on the graph will be different due to their goofy shape.