Author Topic: Identifying a lost spoon.  (Read 4555 times)

Owen416

• 30 Pounder
Identifying a lost spoon.
« on: April 23, 2021, 02:19:01 pm »
I lost a spoon on a break off at Dalhousie last weekend.  It had a frog pattern on one side silver back on the other.  The spoon was smaller than a Michigan stinger give or take 3”.  Thin blank very flexible similar to a stinger.  The back had a diamond fishscale stamping I believe.  The spoon was unlike any of the others I have from NK, DW, MStinger, Rac, moonshine or pro king.  Silver treble on it and no split ring on the eye of the spoon.  I think I got it from Bowmanville tackle swap and it might be an outdated pattern as I can’t find it online. 

So maybe someone knows what it is and it might cross my path one day. Or maybe someone caught the fish with it in their mouth and would like to earn a reward and a good story.

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

kayakhank

• 30 Pounder
Re: Identifying a lost spoon.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 07:53:09 pm »
Trying to imagine what that looked like.  I lost an old gold rebel short bill plug with green on top.  Always got me a bass.  Lost it when I was getting ready to cast of the dock.  Dropped it on the water and a huge pike that was lurking under the dock just clobbered it and it was gone. I have looked at lure posting on kijiji trying to find it.  Totally understand when you have confidence in a lure.

normynailer

• Shaker
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2021, 08:07:59 pm »
wiliam wabbler makes a spoon very similar to what you described.

Owen416

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2021, 08:34:38 pm »
It’s very close to a mini silver streak. I could really put a nice s bend in it for slower speeds.  It was a consistent performer in a spread of all stars.

drjoe

• Full Box
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2021, 09:22:27 am »
" Williams Wobbler " ??? LOL !

BillM

• Full Box
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2021, 01:37:54 pm »
Silver Fox flutter spoon... 

krawler

• Full Box
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2021, 09:47:51 pm »
I'd agree with BillM
Only other spoon i can think of would be a Sutton Spoon but rarely if ever did i see them with a hammered finish. 

Bigtrout29

• Shaker
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2021, 10:24:11 pm »
Wouldn't happin to be this would it frog pattern aswell as hammered I think it comes in a non hammered aswell

Owen416

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2021, 01:18:18 pm »
Similar but different blank.  Nk and dream weaver have a cup style blank that you cannot bend.  The lost spoon was more like a stinger tapered at the top slightly wider at the hook.  I have plenty of the small NK’s and DW spoons.  They work great but at a slightly higher speed.  I have no problem trolling faster but the other lines had j11’s, bay rats and some other sticks.  By the time we all get back on the water speed won’t be an issue.

CATNIP II

• Full Box

Owen416

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2021, 04:33:10 pm »
 No... unfortunately.

speerzy

• Shaker
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2021, 05:05:23 pm »
Im with Bill. Silver Fox

CATNIP II

• Full Box
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2021, 07:56:32 pm »
No... unfortunately.
Too bad. When I first started fishing lake Ontario I bought every black and green spoon I could find.  Most of them have caught fish but not that one.  Not a toothmark on it :( 

ray87

• Shaker
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2021, 11:52:08 pm »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Owen416

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2021, 08:53:32 am »
I spent an a couple hours searching online.  Vintage spoons etc.  If you can pull it up on a site right now it’s not it.  I may have to draw it out.