Author Topic: SCGF RAMP AND JORDAN  (Read 7144 times)

stlhdr1

• 30 Pounder
SCGF RAMP AND JORDAN
« on: April 23, 2021, 05:30:50 pm »
Both open today!...think they may be the only ones

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

RonRoach

• 24 Pounder
Re: SCGF RAMP AND JORDAN
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 05:50:32 pm »
NO point your not allowed out on the lake anyway because as soon as you leave the harbour/marina you will catch covid especially if your on your own !!!

stlhdr1

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2021, 06:11:51 pm »
sadly your right! ..and up until today the planes keepa coming!! 

Gowiththefloat

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2021, 10:22:32 am »
From land saw a police boat zipping around the lake on Saturday.  I would assume they are telling people to get off the lake.  Not worth the hassle for me to try. I have limited time as it is.

I sent my request to allow the launches to be open to the local MPP that same day.  Let's see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

kayakhank

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2021, 11:14:21 am »
Heard that conservation officers were charging folks around Port Hope with breaking stay at home orders.

While I view having rights to freedom  I also feel for doctors and nurses who are being overworked.  I also feel for folks that can't have necessary medical procedures done at the moment.

Stay safe folks...

AdamMcC

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2021, 12:47:27 pm »
From land saw a police boat zipping around the lake on Saturday.  I would assume they are telling people to get off the lake.  Not worth the hassle for me to try. I have limited time as it is.

I sent my request to allow the launches to be open to the local MPP that same day.  Let's see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Can't assume anything. The OPP and local police groups have all said they will not be stopping people randomly.

AdamMcC

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2021, 12:50:01 pm »
Heard that conservation officers were charging folks around Port Hope with breaking stay at home orders.

While I view having rights to freedom  I also feel for doctors and nurses who are being overworked.  I also feel for folks that can't have necessary medical procedures done at the moment.

Stay safe folks...

Question: Can Conservation officers charge people for breaking stay at home orders? I am no expert, but I would think no. If someone knows, please advise, but wouldn't that be out of their jurisdiction?

I question where all this information is coming from. If you don't know something for certain, why 'suggest' that it's happening? I don't understand.

HBC

• Full Box

salmonman

• Shaker
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2021, 01:25:51 pm »
Conservation officers have all the same enforcement powers as police, as their powers are defined, they are peace officers.  However, because their main duty is to enforce natural resource related laws, they generally do not partake in enforcing a lot of things that regular police would.

Owen416

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2021, 02:22:18 pm »
Cops were probably testing out their new twin verados. Tim’s @ lower Spadina to port credit Starbucks in 3 min...lol

oarmaster

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2021, 04:24:54 pm »

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk they are just patroling.  no ones telling people to get off the lake. you can fish all you want.

AdamMcC

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2021, 06:21:38 pm »
Is this enough proof for you?

https://www.thestar.com/local-northumberland/news/2021/04/25/police-charge-several-anglers-for-fishing-along-ganaraska-river-in-port-hope.html
Yes I would say it is! Thanks for the link. There is so much mis-information out there now it's difficult to know what or who to believe anymore.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

oarmaster

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2021, 08:01:40 am »
the reason for charges in port hope are that they have  banned fishing in town and all town waters.  got nothing to do with them fishing but they were fishing in a  prohibited area.  there is no ban on fishing in ontario.  just be smart   don't  gather in large groups  be safe.

BillM

• Full Box
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2021, 11:00:31 pm »
Is this enough proof for you?

https://www.thestar.com/local-northumberland/news/2021/04/25/police-charge-several-anglers-for-fishing-along-ganaraska-river-in-port-hope.html

Nothing to do with Covid, all to due with not being able to fish in Port Hope.  Get your facts straight.

oarmaster

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2021, 09:39:39 am »
exactly.