Community Center > Product Reviews

Chinook Divers

(1/1)

Salmonator:
Anyone got intel on Chinook Divers? I ordered some recently before doing research. Online reviews looked decent, just wondering if anyone has any tips/general knowledge on running them.

Owen416:
Yankee troller state side uses them a lot. Maybe he has something on his site or YouTube.

King Joe:
Always looking for low drag, but depth capable divers/jets (for the yak).  SO, had a look at these.  Are then not 'just' a version of dipsey with the addition of a weight?  if so, is it the weight that 'improves' this over a dipsey?  Granted, I am not a dipsey fan (too much drag) so don't have a lot of experience with them...but Chinook smallest...only goes to, I think, 30 feet, size 2 - 45, size 3...etc., etc....and at the 2' of line for 1 foot of depth approximate.   I think dipseys are more line out for those same depths which to me suggests MORE drag to get depth.

Again, the jet range I use gets me to 40 easy...with 100' of line out.  Drag is manageable at those depths/lengths.  More than 50....I am always looking to improve on (currently, torpedos fill that role).

More the point, aren't these just dipseys?

King Joe Outa Here!

jds:
Light weight, almost no resistance when tripped. A ton of guys on the South shore have sidelined their Dipsys for the Chinooks.

I keep the big #5's set for a 2:1 ratio.... 200ft. of line out gets you 100 ft. down.

https://chinookdiver.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version