Author Topic: **Lymans**  (Read 1895 times)

bigone

• Shaker

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

kayakhank

• 30 Pounder
Re: **Lymans**
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 09:39:37 am »
Crazy price.

I didn't realize that Lymans had the bead chain setup like jplugs.  I thought that they all had hooks attached.

I would put those in a safety deposit box.

HBC

• Full Box
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 01:31:37 pm »
Some size 5, 6 and 9's came with the bead/chain style and then eventually had two or three series of hooks.  The older ones were the bead style.  Even the old size 4's came with that.

$50 per is too rich for this guy....hell I'd sell my entire collection for that price at $50 each.

kayakhank

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 05:32:35 pm »
Agreed.  Price is really high.

I saw on a facebook group guys raffling off Lymans.  Basically, the guy raffles of 10 lymans. you buy a ticket for 20 dollars and there are 20 spots, so he gets 40 bucks per lyman.

I would be concerned that the guy raffling would basically pick his buddies name/spot and they could split the proceeds and not give up anything.   I guess I am skeptical and I hate lotteries for the most part.

There is a company out west that makes a cedar plug called best or best lure co.  Not sure if anyone had ever tried it or had success with it.

HBC

• Full Box
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2021, 05:58:54 pm »
I have used the Best Lure wooden plugs.  They work, but I collect the lymans and still prefer the older non-shovelnose versions for action.

I also am on that FB site and all raffles are legit. 

drjoe

• Full Box
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2021, 06:46:46 am »
Some interesting reading ! Do not give up on J-Plugs ! My Lymans did not do much for me except the chartreuse/black ladder back which was so beat up I gave it away when I sold all mine .

bigone

• Shaker
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2021, 10:07:41 am »
TTT

IRatherBFishin

• Bob
  • Shaker
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2021, 11:19:18 pm »
Didnít know that these lymans are so expensive I got about 20 of them I never use

HBC

• Full Box
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2021, 01:17:38 pm »
They aren't....unless they are rare colours.  Those are not rare.

weedman

• Full Box
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2021, 12:33:35 am »
HBC. Many are gonna have to disagree with you on the assertion that only rare Lymans are worth more than $20. Asking prices have gone up to $30 to $40 on average per bait and have been there for months. If you're part of our Lyman Lounge on FB, any Lyman packages are selling pretty much immediately, priced at $30 per unit and up. it's a feeding frenzy, even for some of the 5's and 6's. I'm not going to say it will last forever, time will tell. 

HBC

• Full Box
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2021, 08:19:53 am »
Who said $20 for common colours?  I know I didn't.  $40 for common size 4's is a bit of a reach IMO and I am on the lounge page and have been collecting for many years.  I'm pretty sure I have a good understanding on pricing.

Anyone can ask whatever they want, and those that aren't well versed in pricing will pay that based on FOLO.  Rare's sell north of $100 and I've seen $200 for some. 

Like I said, I will sell my entire collection for $50 ave realized price.