Author Topic: June 2 - 50 point - Afternoon  (Read 2629 times)

IK

• Shaker
June 2 - 50 point - Afternoon
« on: June 02, 2021, 07:10:35 pm »
Went out for 3 hours this afternoon. Ran straight to 70fow, and trolled east to the Grimsby Buoy and 120 fow. Turn around and trolled half way back.

Marked single digits, hooked nothing.

At this point I’m going to declare that I suck shit at fishing and going to pick up sewing or something...

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

malew

• Shaker
Re: June 2 - 50 point - Afternoon
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2021, 07:59:59 pm »
We fish out of Grimsby,, only Chinook are few and small, rainbow around and Lakers by the truck load all on the bottom, marking lots of baitfish now. Tried Jordan today Lakers again and one rainbow jumped and was gone, fishing  50 to 70 fow with some run out to 130 fow where there are no bait fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FishFarmer

• Full Box
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2021, 11:54:24 am »
How was the Midge infestation?
10 hours fishing in that wrecks your boat, cloths and your patients :-[ 
You Should Have Been Here Yesterday

FishFarmer

• Full Box
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2021, 12:15:29 pm »
Went out for 3 hours this afternoon. Ran straight to 70fow, and trolled east to the Grimsby Buoy and 120 fow. Turn around and trolled half way back.

Marked single digits, hooked nothing.

At this point I’m going to declare that I suck shit at fishing and going to pick up sewing or something...
3 hours is not very long, giver 9-10 hours and you should find a pod of fish or at least one and you may hit that magic hour.
If you have charts on your machine follow the structure, lots of bumps and drops, give the 50 pt. west drop a few hours follow the ridge.
If your not marking much throw out a flat-line with a big body bait, couple 100 feet back.
If you get desperate, drag a ball on bottom with a spoon, the lake is polluted with Lake Trout.
Look for Terns, Cormorants, Seagulls, scum lines..
Don't give up, the best guys out there have shitty days, except me, I catch all the time, and if you believe that, your in trouble. ;D
Get back out there, good luck.
You Should Have Been Here Yesterday

malew

• Shaker
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2021, 02:53:41 pm »
Midges are as lot better, less yesterday and do not see many today along the shore, should be the end of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk