Author Topic: Wtb blacks release clips  (Read 795 times)

Ricktroller

• 30 Pounder
Wtb blacks release clips
« on: June 09, 2021, 03:37:26 pm »
Does anyone have any blacks RC-99 downrigger clips they can sell me? 

I would like to try them out. Iím tired of the canon release clips weakening my downrigger cables. And I donít want to attach clip to ball.

In oakville can pick up if local.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

Puck5760

• 24 Pounder
Re: Wtb blacks release clips
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 04:25:35 pm »
give scotty power grip stacker releases 60 or 30 inch a try - won't kink the cable and it also saves you from having to lean over the side to get a release - just scoop it up with the rod.

Ozzy30

• Smolt
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 04:46:52 pm »
Puck do you snap the clip on that release to the cable or to the back of the ball?

Ricktroller

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 06:05:54 pm »
Iíve used the Scotty power grip releases for years, over time those metal quick clips wear the integrity of the cable and eventually it frays and gives out and youíll lose a weight or worse probe & weight.

I want to move away from them.

Salmonking2010

• Shaker
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 08:23:26 pm »
Iíve used the Scotty power grip releases for years, over time those metal quick clips wear the integrity of the cable and eventually it frays and gives out and youíll lose a weight or worse probe & weight.

The stacker releases and the power grip release from Scotty are two totally different releases.  Stackers are essentially two pinch pads and a snap that goes around the cable.  Used them for years and never leaves a mark or fray on the cable. 

Salmonking2010

• Shaker
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2021, 08:27:10 pm »
Puck do you snap the clip on that release to the cable or to the back of the ball?

Itís a double pinch pad release with a snap that goes around the cable.  You pinch one pad onto the cable and your line in the other.  It lets you put the release anywhere on the cable. Hence the stacker release.

Google. Scotty power grip plus stacker release. I run 48 and 60 inch leads.   Added bonus as said is never having to bend over to hook up a release.

Ricktroller

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2021, 08:59:51 pm »

The stacker releases and the power grip release from Scotty are two totally different releases.  Stackers are essentially two pinch pads and a snap that goes around the cable.  Used them for years and never leaves a mark or fray on the cable.
Thanks Salmonking

Got it now. Iíll check them out.

Ozzy30

• Smolt
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2021, 08:44:30 am »
Thanks SalmonKing, I was looking at them and trying to figure it out, that is perfect. My friend that introduced me into salmon fishing his cables are all in rough shape. 

SHORTnFAT

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2021, 07:15:37 am »
Hey Rick. I think I may have a couple new in package. Im in Oakville, as well. text me at 416-820-1711 later today to remind me

Ricktroller

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2021, 01:56:56 pm »
Hi Salmonking

I just received 60Ē stackable power grip plus releases.

Question for youÖ When you attach short release and snap to cable why doesnít the snap chafe the cable? Considering there will be friction pressure on the cable from the snap caused by the rod and lure.

Thanks

Salmonking2010

• Shaker
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2021, 02:25:08 pm »
Hi Salmonking

I just received 60Ē stackable power grip plus releases.

Question for youÖ When you attach short release and snap to cable why doesnít the snap chafe the cable? Considering there will be friction pressure on the cable from the snap caused by the rod and lure.

Thanks

Hook it up and pull on the release.  The snap doesnít move very much.  Once you crank your rod the 60 inch lead goes up for the most part and thereís not much movement due to the placement of the other pinch pad.   Aside from doing a regular terminal end change on the down rigger cable each spring I have never noticed even the slightest knick or fray on a cable.  Iíve been running these releases for a solid 8 years.  Added bonus is if you have your fish finder dialed in the clip with show as a lone a line the cannon ball and you be able to see if you have a smaller fish on as the line disappears down when you get a strike.