Author Topic: Cobourg 10 Jun  (Read 765 times)

rizher

• 24 Pounder
Cobourg 10 Jun
« on: June 10, 2021, 11:18:21 pm »
Wife and kids came down and we spent a couple of nights at Breakers motel. Nice place to stay. Did not get out of bed until 9:30 AM; went out and got the family breakfast. After that they went to the beach and I headed to Gangons in Oshawa for anchovies.

Got back and made some anchovie rigs. It was 2 PM and I never had to meet the family until 4. So I left the marina seeking tight lines with wobbly rods. Fished 80 fow with a rigger down 70 with flasher + fly, and a dark purple/ green spoon back 90 on a dipsy set #3. I fished for an hour and the dipsy hit twice. Big laker mid teens and a small rainbow. I was back at the Marina by 3:45.

Took the wife and kids out around 6. Put anchovie rigs down 100 in 115 fow. That one hit after an hour for a high teens coho. Got 2 rainbows on the flasher fly on a dipsy, and another rainbow using anchovie rigs on other dipsy. Plus we lost about 3 more rainbows.

We were all fished out by 8:30 and headed back in. Great day with the family and plenty of fish. Will have a video on Sun for the trips last week and this week.

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

Bob Webster

• 30 Pounder
Re: Cobourg 10 Jun
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 07:04:12 am »
Sounds like a fantastic time with the family!
Thanks for the report.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

usher

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 10:57:03 am »
Coho high teens?   That's a nice one!!

Duffin

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2021, 12:48:54 pm »
Great to hear you're hitting 'em in the eastern part of Lake O. Looks promising for the weekend too.