Fishing Reports > South Shore Reports

Laker Haven!

(1/1)

Kinghunted:
Launched out of Fisherman's at 6:00 yesterday.  Started in 80 feet, surface 60F 45F about 60 feet down.  Started slow, ended up finding bait balls off 50 point with active hooks on bottom and some suspended.  3 rigger, 1 dipsey and one leadcore were the program; shoehorns, stingers, prostar monkey dunk were the producers; ended up 17 for 22; 15 lakers to a 20 lb hog, most in the teens, one big King 24.6lb and one steelhead about 6 lbs.  Speed was critical 2.0 to 2.1 at the ball.  UV alewife, chrome/blue, chrome/chart shoehorn (king hit that).  Best was the UV alewife magnum Michigan Stinger which took 7 fish.  Some of the lakers were spitting up 2 to 3" alewife as we brought them up.

All fish returned healthy back to the lake; we used the boca grip on about 4 fish including the king; trolling them beside the boat until they completely recover and then letting them go; can't beat that system for really tired fish.

Hit one laker on the braid dipsey; No. 3 setting, 225' out the  rest off the riggers.

Had 2 double headers and a very close triple header.  The trick was setting icon's each time we marked bait balls and hooked a fish, trolling in an out of these marks concentrated us in a relatively small area which kept us on the active fish; the bite started late around 7:30 but was non stop till about 1:00 when an East wind came up a bit.

The bigger lakers were prime; as much as i love chinook/coho/steelhead I like to give these hogs some credit; they never stop pulling right up to the boat.

C. Merry:
Excellent report ... thanks

joes13:
Great report. What depth were you fishing in. I’m planning on heading out there this week. Probably launching out of Jordan, the closest ramp to me. My first year fishing salmon and trout on Lake Ontario as I fish mostly walleye and bass on Erie.

stlhdr1:
Good report.thanks....btw..wh at does a prostar monkey dunk.lure. Look like ??

Kinghunted:
Made by Silver Horde Tackle in BC.  It's the no. 780 Colour of the KF5 spoon.

Can order them on line; great quality spoon.  Caught my biggest King on Lake O off Port Credit a 37.25 lb monster back in 2010.

For some reason I can't post a picture here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version