Author Topic: How old is your Fish Hawk?  (Read 4687 times)

Floater

• Full Box
How old is your Fish Hawk?
« on: July 17, 2021, 07:57:31 am »
I had to replace my x4d probe this season. It was four years old. I've seen a few posts here that others have also had issues with their probes. How old was your probe? Just curious

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

bluffers17

• Shaker
Re: How old is your Fish Hawk?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2021, 08:13:10 am »
I just finally replaced my x4 probe this week after 10 plus years. I get out usually at least 4 to 5 times a week during derby so got my money's worth for sure. Replaced battery harness once.

didoban

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2021, 10:06:01 am »
bought mine 2011.   Does not show surface temp anymore.

CATNIP II

• Full Box
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 01:25:17 pm »
Installed mine in 2014.  Had to replace the probe this year.

Floater

• Full Box
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2021, 08:56:57 am »
I guess everything eventually wears out. I thought about sending my dead probe to fish hawk for a look but it's likely they will declare it dead and send me a replacement for 250 american. Not sure if it's a good deal though.

chickenchub

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2021, 01:09:53 pm »
Sent my 3 year old probe to Fish Hawk for repair. No warranty. They have a flat rate of 210 US for the X4. With shipping it came to 281 Canadian.  And they returned the old probe.         

Floater

• Full Box
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2021, 01:32:44 pm »
Did Fish Hawk ship you the new one? I just lost my one month old probe and can't find one now. thanks

chickenchub

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2021, 03:03:33 pm »
Yes. Go to the site and email them. They will send you a code to use to buy another probe at the flat rate. Then just go to the purchase page and check out using the code.

Floater

• Full Box
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2021, 07:07:19 pm »
Thanks for the info. Looks like you have to go to Quebec if you want to buy one now!

saugeendrifter

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2021, 07:04:11 pm »
Had mine for 5 years, no issues except for the battery holder. I pinched the wire when screwing on the cap. Ordered another one online, plug and play. I treat mine like gold though. Never leave it out, always take out batteries, dry it off before putting it in that precious blue hard case. One day Ill loose it and update to the X4D...Had my previous one for 6 years before it sank due to my lake of diligence after getting caught up and not checking my terminal end. I have a spare cap and paddle wheel if someone needs one; bought them as "just incase"  and have never needed them, NIB.
Give a fish and they eat for a day, teach them to fish they eat for a lifetime both in mind and body