Author Topic: Lower Niagara July 22  (Read 2869 times)

greyhawk

• 24 Pounder
Lower Niagara July 22
« on: July 23, 2021, 11:59:22 am »
Son and I hit the lower for the first time this season yesterday. Watercolour was odd..grey muddy color we had never seen before. Fished 3 main flats and 3 drifts from Queenston to the mouth. Total catch - 25+ - indicated why the Niagara is one of the best fisheries in Ontario. The division of catching was somewhat one sided…I contributed but one lowly bass to the total while my son reached double figures within an hour of fishing. In total, he caught over 20 walleye adding perch,sheepshead and perch to the mix. Success for him followed the KISS rule using an old CC silver jigging spoon and an original #8 rapala shad rap. I on the other hand, threw everything at them and got nada, but I’ll be back!

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

silvertracker

• 24 Pounder
Re: Lower Niagara July 22
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2021, 05:54:00 pm »
Thats amazing 20 + walleye on the lower - i would keep that quiet LOL

REX

• Shaker
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2021, 08:46:37 am »
Sounds like you had a great time.  Are there specific areas that you are fishing or do you find the flats using depth finder?  I would like to try my hand at drifting the river…

greyhawk

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2021, 04:19:36 pm »
We rely on the fish finder and look for humps holding fish, hit the anchor hold on the bow mount and try to have some fun catching. Currents breaks and counter drifts are often good producers also.

naturenut

• Full Box
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2021, 11:46:24 pm »
Thats amazing 20 + walleye on the lower - i would keep that quiet LOL
+1 on that lol trying to find parking and fish it in the winter is brutal. Hate to see it get that way in summer too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk