Author Topic: P. Dalhousie Saturday  (Read 2361 times)

fatlouey17

• Shaker
P. Dalhousie Saturday
« on: August 01, 2021, 01:40:28 pm »
Went out at 6 to 175 feet and headed East. Set up the first riggers and it took 10 seconds and got a 15lb. King. Thought it was going to be a bust day but two on the crew got seasick and had to drop them off at the ramp. Went back out and got zip for the next 4 hrs. Even the Lakers weren't biting.

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

waterdownredneck

• Full Box
Re: P. Dalhousie Saturday
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2021, 01:54:07 pm »
Well at least you had the opportunity to show the greengills how good the fishing can be. I had that happen once as well, hooked up to 3 big fish in minutes and the screen was full, two friends said they had to go back to shore as they were sick, we were a long way out, by the time I came back out it was over.  Youíll make up for it on your next trip hopefully...... and likely without those guys :)
"Little Getaway", Waterdown, ON

drjoe

• Full Box
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2021, 07:01:18 pm »
Had this " seasick " issue a trip too many times ! I now offer " GRAVOL " to any newbees before going out ! Or better yet they get their own !

waterdownredneck

• Full Box
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2021, 09:58:14 am »
I think because itís not the Gulf of Mexico people donít think it can get to them - ďIím fine on big waterĒ is what I always hear and it becomes more like ďIím fine throwing up in big waterĒ.  This is why I donít take any inexperienced anglers to Burwell with me any more, itís too far to come back and I canít stand the smell of hurl or the smell, then Iíll be right there beside them.  Depending on the forecast, I suggest gravol and if declined, two vehicles so I can at least drop them off and keep going, but I also pay for their parking so Iím not a total D$ck :)

This is also why I mainly fish alone unless itís during the run where a new angler can experience some pretty sensational fishing. 

Valkyrie

• Shaker
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2021, 01:43:03 pm »
If a new fisher is showing signs of sea sickness make them drive the boat. You would be amazed at how keeping their mind off of Ralph and Buffered makes for a great day for all.

waterdownredneck

• Full Box
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2021, 01:49:00 pm »
Thatís actually a great suggestion I have never thought of.  Will try it if I ever take anyone out again and run into this situation.