Fishing Reports > Lake Erie / Niagara

Burwell August 5th

(1/1)

Fishio:
Hey guys. Fished Burwell from about 7am - 2pm. Caught 6 walleye (all in the 4-5 pound range), 1 larger rainbow (10 ish pounds) and a lot of sheepies (too many to count in fact). Mainly fished spoons and worm harnesses. Did a lot of speed varying but couldnt get on them consistently. Lots of people out. Talked to a few people at the launch when we were leaving and some guys did far better and some got 1 or 2.

waterdownredneck:
Thanks for the details, what speed worked the best for you?  It’s too bad with the sheep head they don’t at least make a few runs or fight hard, that would make it better at least.  Nice looking fish though, wonder if anyone has eaten one?  They almost remind me of a croaker from the US, one of the best eating fish I have had. 

Fishio:
They bit at all speeds, it didn't seem to matter what combo we used. I will keep the odd small sheepie. They aren't too bad, firm flesh and a little fishy almost like eating clam... Probably wouldn't make ceviche out of them but cleaned thoroughly and deep-fried works good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version