Author Topic: Ashbridges Bay to the Bluffs - August 24  (Read 3300 times)

trophycraft

• 30 Pounder
  • Kevin
Ashbridges Bay to the Bluffs - August 24
« on: August 24, 2021, 11:29:33 pm »
After a long hiatus, I finally made it out on the big "O" to chase some salmon. I launched at Ashbridges Bay at first light, ran out to 180 feet of water and started trolling east. I trolled along the drop-off between Ashbridges Bay and the Bluffs.

We went 5 for 6. It would have been 6 for 6 but I knocked off the biggest fish trying to net it for my friend. Hopefully he forgives me by the end of the day. We landed a 5 pounder, 4 @ 10 pounds (plus or minus) and a tiddler that we didn't count. The one I knocked off with the net was 15 to 20 pounds and by far gave the best fight, right to the boat... and then it swam away.

The big one was caught off the rigger down 80 feet in 190 feet of water in front of the filtration plant on a moonshine spoon. The rest were all caught on the wire dipsey, on the number 3 setting, out either 180 or 220 in 160 to 180 feet of water towing a spindoctor and fly. The fish stopped biting at noon. We trolled out to the blue zone and didn't move a stick.

It was a beautiful day so we pulled the lines and went for a boat ride to the island. It was hot, sunny and relatively calm all day. The surface temperature was 79 or 80 in most places. It was a perfect day on the water.

Tight lines everyone!

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

rizher

• 24 Pounder
Re: Ashbridges Bay to the Bluffs - August 24
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2021, 08:11:32 am »
great report, thanks.

vmuravin

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2021, 11:20:08 am »
Great report and good to finally "see" you, Kevin  ;)

waterdownredneck

• Full Box
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2021, 02:52:01 pm »
I’m sure you guys had fun, you made up for your time off, that’s a nice catch. 
"Little Getaway", Waterdown, ON

salmon_slayer06

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2021, 06:46:55 am »
one of those looks to be a coho. nice fish

Knot Worthy

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2021, 09:08:45 pm »

Nice report and great to see ya - has been awhile!

4lbstest

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2021, 01:51:27 am »
Congrats...We had a very similar outing with my buddy three days before yours. Out from Bluffer's. We also went 5 for 6, and I also lost a fish trying to net it for my bud. His was a bow though. We caught a mixed bag of Cohos, Bows, and a King.  We only had one rod each, so i'd consider it a pretty good morning of fishing. Our last outing on the 25th from the same port though wasn't great at all.