Author Topic: Silver Salmon Challenge 2021 1st place fish kayak division!  (Read 2204 times)

Steelhead Chaser

• Shaker
Silver Salmon Challenge 2021 1st place fish kayak division!
« on: September 02, 2021, 01:29:30 am »
Lake Ontario 2021 DAS King Silver Salmon Challenge kayak division, 1st place fish

Big thanks to SSC for including a big fish from a kayak category this year.

It was a tough year on the pond. Not as many as the previous years. But the ones that hit the deck mattered. Warm water and terrible wind conditions definitely made me work for em!

Absolutely epic and surreal moment for me. It was a real struggle trying to land it. Dipsy with a lead longer than the rod didn't help lol. The anxiety and stress had the old ticker going a mile a minute.

The best part is I was able to capture it all on video. Woooooo 2021 DAS King Silver Salmon Challenge big fish from a kayak winner. 27.40lbs!

#silversalmonchallenge
#powcastings
#wewillfishon
#teamunderdogsportfishing
#DASkingkayaks

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

onelastcast1

• 30 Pounder
Re: Silver Salmon Challenge 2021 1st place fish kayak division!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 09:26:18 am »
Awesome video.  Congrats on 1st place. 

longfish

• Yakety Yak Hobie 14ft PA
  • Shaker
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2021, 06:46:37 pm »
Congrats on that magnificent fish and first place. I am hoping to join the kayak forces this Spring. Rigging my Hobie 14 PA for it over the winter. I think we talked on the Simcoe site.....I am the same handle there.
Born to work.....retired to fish.

Steelhead Chaser

• Shaker
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2022, 04:59:21 am »
Yes we did chat on the Simcoe site. I'm glad everything worked out for you. Salmon from these small craft is epic, no matter the size. You will soon find out. Enjoy and be safe. You ever have any questions or want to get out for a rip in the spring let me know.

Drew

Congrats on that magnificent fish and first place. I am hoping to join the kayak forces this Spring. Rigging my Hobie 14 PA for it over the winter. I think we talked on the Simcoe site.....I am the same handle there.

longfish

• Yakety Yak Hobie 14ft PA
  • Shaker
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2022, 11:06:30 pm »
Yes we did chat on the Simcoe site. I'm glad everything worked out for you. Salmon from these small craft is epic, no matter the size. You will soon find out. Enjoy and be safe. You ever have any questions or want to get out for a rip in the spring let me know.

Drew

Thanks Drew.....If I get it all pieced together in time for the Spring I just may take you up on that......a lot of the toys are here but some are still in the covid syndrome of backorders....the Interra is due here in March....still waiting for the mounting bracket as well....Fish Hawk came today as did she Torpedo Divers......most everything else is here. So I do hope to be ready.

Arnie

Born to work.....retired to fish.