Author Topic: Wicklow Sat 4th  (Read 1661 times)

TunaSandwich

• Shaker
Wicklow Sat 4th
« on: September 07, 2021, 12:11:16 am »
Hi All,

Just wanted to send out a quick report from Wicklow Saturday 4th.  We hit the water around 8:30ish and headed straight out to 250' out from the patch.  First rigger immediately tripped with a 7 lb bow. 10 minutes later, 12 lb chinook followed by another rainbow on the long lines.  From then on, rainbow after rainbow for another 3 hours.  It was crazy out there !  I took another chinook on the steel a little while later, big one that i managed to loose near the boat.  All in all, lost count of the rainbows, maybe 10-12 of them, with a few chinooks mixed in.  Great day out there, back in by noon. 

All fish between 250' and 350' down 40-85.  What we have noticed this year is that flies haven't produced anything for us at all.  This is odd from other years.  Spoons have taken all the fish, nothing on jPlugs either.  Another weird thing is that the smaller spoons are far out producing the standard larger sized spoons.  We took ALL the fish on Sat on small size Michigan stingers, i think they were the 3" ones.  I ran one behind an agitator and buddy ran straight spoon down 85.  The fish were everywhere, great day to be out to the blue zone.  water temp up to the patch was way too warm, and didn't mark much of anything from there to shore.  Tons of bait out deep as well, seen many clouds with active fish around them.

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

rizher

• 24 Pounder
Re: Wicklow Sat 4th
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2021, 06:02:20 pm »
Great report, thanks.  I did Port Hope in 35 FoW on Monday and went 4/8 only getting hit on Dipseys and flies.  Fresh Run, all silver fish, and orange meat.  Biggest was 23.

Jon Boat

• Shaker
Re: Wicklow Sat 4th
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2021, 07:51:04 am »
I fished in close on the same day hoping there would be a few staging fish around. Ended up with 1 bow and 3 lakers. Not much for bait or marks in the 100' range, just hooks on bottom that were most likely more lakers. Kids had fun with the lake trout though - biggest was 15lbs.