Fishing Reports > North Shore Reports

Port Hope 6 Sept

(1/1)

rizher:
We left Cobourg Marina around 5:55 AM hoping to motor over to Port Hope before the wind picked up.  We only had a couple of hours to fish as we were heading home for the weekend. We were rods in around 6:20 AM and we pulled out around 8:55 AM.  We went 4/8.  All fish were taken in 35 FoW.  6 Hookups on a dipsey with a green spin doctor using a purple fly 45 feet out, and 2 on a 12 inch silver paddle with a white fly 24 ft down and 60 ft back.

The water temp was around 66 ( 9 degrees lower than the day before) and the fish were pretty fresh and all orange meat.  There was not many boats out;  there was a 10 min thunder storm and about 30 mins of rain.  By 8:30 AM there was considerable waves starting to build.  We were quite happy with our little trip.  My buddies wife landed a 23 Iber (Biggest fish she ever caught), he got a 21 Iber, and I took a 17 Iber.  Those 3 and a few hookups we lost are what I put in the video.  We landed a 13 Iber also.

I hope you enjoy the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI6tTFI5gak

I don't think I'll make the trip from Hammond to Ottawa this weekend.  Calls for high winds and I have not been home for a weekend since early June.  Time to do some chores and prep for the fall.

Canadian613:
Thanks for the report!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version