Fishing Reports > North Shore Reports

The Ganny blood bath

(1/14) > >>

sleepy111:
Sitting on the patio of wadell hotel and watching the utter disgusting behaviour of fisherman with their limits slaughtering fish for no reason other than their own selfish pleasure. Absolutely disgusting. 100 plus fisherman from downtown to lake and even more north around the corner.

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

HBC:
Yup - same on Wilmot and Bowmanville Creeks.  Yesterday I didn't see any anglers in the typical spots but today it was a s@#$ show.  Best angling practices of walking in the middle of the stream with either a salt water rod/reel setup or a net.  We don't tolerate this stuff for any other fish species other than salmon.  Pathetic.

sleepy111:
The catch and release involves dragging them up on the rocks and kicking them back in.

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

fisher:
Fu****g sickening!

Fishn4life:
I have been fishing the ganny for around 15 years and I do not fish past the train bridge. I prefer to catch them in water deep enough I can't see them and less chances of foul hooking them. There should be no fishing past the train bridge on that river. The fish have a hard enough time to make it up river without people snagging and disturbing them in the shallow warm waters. If the ethics of people don't improve then the only fishing of that river will be by boat. They have been trying and will do anything it takes to stop the illegal fishing and unethical practices that are happening in their city. There are so many good fishermen and women who enjoy that river and it would be so disappointing that the people who could not take the time to learn how to catch the fish legally and ethically will ruin it for the rest. If you see anything that does not look to be legal fishing call the port hope police. They have been trained and are able to arrest and charge people that are breaking the mnr laws.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version