Author Topic: Otter Boats  (Read 2161 times)

grandpajim

Otter Boats
« on: April 03, 2008, 04:08:00 pm »
I have to replace one planer board this spring and was considering going to a Big Jon otter boat. I have a concern - in the event of breaking the tow line, how visible is the otter boat in choppy water when floating (I assume) motionless??

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

Hoover

Otter Boats
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 04:16:00 pm »
they are pretty big, and orange you cant miss them.  They pull pretty light, i have never broke the line using these boards!  seem to handle the rough water well!

storminnorman

Otter Boats
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 06:00:00 pm »
grandpajim Try them they are great we used them last season they have a lot of movement that really works the baits,

Chappy

Otter Boats
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 02:52:00 pm »
I use one otter boat throughout the year and it has performed and continues to perform great.  This year, I plan to add a second otterboat  specially for early season and the derby.

gambler

Otter Boats
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 04:38:00 pm »
If you are worried about visibility, put a flag on them.  Sailboaters have trouble seeing them on a calm day.  Don't ask how I found out.

skamper35

Otter Boats
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 10:36:00 pm »
They are the best board I have used, and Gambler is right about the flag thing. Just put a hole through the side and insert a little Flag using epoxy to hold them in place, so they can be more visible to other boaters...Bernie

rodsquad

Otter Boats
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 08:17:00 am »
I like the flag idea...didn't think of that one.  Bernie, what kind of flag are you using?  Something like a kid's bike flag?

I've got a set and use them routinely on Erie.  They work great.