Author Topic: What Size Dipsey can i pull off my Inline Boards  (Read 4334 times)

Uncle Buck

What Size Dipsey can i pull off my Inline Boards
« on: February 29, 2008, 02:15:00 pm »
I've got Red offshore SST boards OR31

[image]

with the OR18 adjustable snap up front

[image]

and the OR19 high tension Red clip on the back.

[image]

What is the biggest size dipsy i can run off these inline boards?

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

BigD

« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 02:32:00 pm »
Hey Goran,
No use running a dipsy off the boards really for salmon if you have leadcore,copper, snap weights or for that matter deeper diving body baits IMO. The walleye guys will run dipsys off their boards but for salmon purposes some do it but really not very applicable with leadcore, snap weights and copper in the 'cool' crowd.  Guys that do do it usually just use a mini disc but like I was stating above why add a bunch of shit to the line when there is more practical solutions. To me a bait with a leader to a dipsy to a leader to a board to a rod is just way to much man. Problems that can be encountered are A) Dipsy trips accidently or fish on and ya do not notice for a while B) Dipsy doesn't trip with fish and you are dragging a board and dipsy with a fish on.  What type of application were planning on running the dipsy with the boards dude and they help suggestions or solutions for ya better dude.???

D. out.

Uncle Buck

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 02:55:00 pm »
wouldn't mind running 2 divers off each side... still a little chicken about tangling...

figure a 6 rod spread at 2 riggers, 2 wire dipsys and 2 mono/braid dipsys..

still haven't decided what to do with my tekota 700s, i figure 1 will go as a wire diver... ( i know no LC, but WTF...) don't really wanna run copper yet... i've got 4 cores 2 x 10color @27lb and 2 x 5+5 color core @18lb  ( figure i can hold off on the copper for a little while, then run pickup another 600lc, switch the wire over to that and run coppers on the 700s...)

no clue what i want to do to be honest

chadk

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 03:09:00 pm »
Get planer masts and big boards.....more options for sure.

Uncle Buck

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 04:02:00 pm »
Not an option with the current boat... next one will definitely have the mast and big boards...

outkast

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 09:09:00 pm »
300 ft of copper on that 700 off your offshore board might be a productive combo.

BigD

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 10:32:00 am »
Okay Goran,
Here's what I would recommend for the least no fuss and least cluster f#$% with a 6 rod spread you want to run. Two riggers, two dipsys and off th4 boards run your cores. That would give you a pretty decent spread no matter what time of the year dude.

Sea Star

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 05:16:00 pm »
Run the divers off full size boards as chadk said. Lots of ways to get the presentation out and some days its diver shots only.......give em what they want

captjohn

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 07:39:00 am »
I found with One big board out to the right or left you can run Two off one side. With some of the smaller boats I have had, It has worked well.  The furthest line out is a great distance and you actually cover the same water with a 6 line spread. What I've personally found nice, was once a really good fish takes  you can start a turn to the inside or the clear side of the boat allowing less resistance on the fish and getting you back around for a double or another crack in the same area. I never turn to sharp, just enoughto keep the fish away from the other gear. Provided you do not have alot of traffic this really brings the fish to the boat.   Good Luck..

captjohn

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 07:49:00 am »
I actually just looked over the thread and I am not sure if what I mentioned helps at all, sorry I  misread what was being asked..   and for the record the last time I ran wire I had a williams whitefish on the end pulling for lakers! I may start playing that game this season when I get out fished!! Thanks John