Author Topic: Dipsey and Boards.. Which Release  (Read 2313 times)

trigger243

Dipsey and Boards.. Which Release
« on: February 04, 2008, 01:02:00 am »
Hey Guys.

Need some help here. I'm running pad type releases off my boards with the basic shower curtan hookup.. Obviously this isn't the rig for running out a#0 or 1 dipsey as it would pop before it cleared the boat with the tension those dipsey pull at. Can you post up a picture of the release your using and how your getting it on the line.

Thanks in advance.

Trigger243

PS>> for all us Huron fishing guys, strugguling to put fish in the boat. I do appreciate your time and information.

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

salmonx

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 01:33:00 am »
You should have no problem running 0 dipsey off your boards.I assume you are using offshore releases .you should try the churchs inline planer boards with a 0 dipsey in huron .Change there release to a offshore snapper release, that will hold the dipsey a 0.GOOD LUCK

trigger243

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 10:12:00 am »
I think that's the problem   ::)  I wasn't using off shores.. With the #0 should I be using heavy or medium releases.. and is the make, Penn Offshore.  Down in Huron, we're using lighter released then you are on lake O for riggers because 10lbs is a big salmon here..

Thanks for the spoonfeeding, on the brand and colour.

Trigger243

salmonx

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 11:03:00 am »
When i fish there on riggers i use the offshores but i extend the lead on the clip.just so the clip is not so close to the ball.that way you are able to see smaller fish shaking more,i hope you know what I mean.Try the inline boards there youll have better luck than the big planers just change that clip to the snapper an you can drag that dipsey.I love fishn your way makes a better fisherman my way on lake o .

rom

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 11:51:00 am »
What type of line are you using?  I the line diameter is too small or line slippery the release may not hold to well.

chadk

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 01:44:00 pm »
Double-up your pads.  Two releases, on one ring. You can also suspend a Black's type release between two shower rings........no slip there, but you may loose your finger if a fish hits while you are placing the line in the release   :-/.  You can lessen the pull by taking off the dipsy ring or using lower settings.

dadnsonfishn

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 03:23:00 pm »
I run 4 plainer boards ( clip on)  and use smaller dipsys and normally use my insides on .5 ( to the side im running) and 2 for the outside.  Do the same on the other side and just watch your boards take off underwanter.  I find braid works the best for this since those boards get heavy if they fly underwater.

moreorles2000

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 06:14:00 pm »
something else you can do is b 4 putting the line in the pad make a loop & give it 3 or 4 turns & then put it in the release. you have doubled the thickness of the line.
les

trigger243

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 09:10:00 pm »
Appreciate the advise. I'm running PowerPro on my dipseys and will continue to do so till I start jumping onto wire.

I'm going to get some black offshore releases and try those, and double up on the line.

Thanks for the advise.

Trigger243