Author Topic: Planer boards  (Read 2598 times)

gary1976

Planer boards
« on: April 08, 2008, 08:46:00 pm »
I was looking at a plan to make your own dual planer boards out of wood. Is this a waste of time or doest it really work. New to this planer board thing not sure how it works. Some helpful would be great.

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

steve

Planer boards
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 09:20:00 pm »
its not how to make them that is important, but the type of wood your going to use....

your going to need to have access to some harder to find wood.

SkeinMachine

Planer boards
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 09:50:00 pm »
Scroll down HERE .

waterfordwon

Planer boards
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 08:45:00 pm »
I built a pair of my own a few years back and they worked fine, but too bulky and take up too much room in the boat. I gave them up in favour of in-lines. Now the home made ones live in the garage attic.

Ziekertail

Planer boards
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 11:19:00 am »
frank kitterk make great big boards and the colaspe down if you need them too ,they track great and if they flip over (bad scene) you can flip them back over easily ,

darad

Planer boards
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 06:17:00 pm »
I just run the small in line boards. They work great as long as its not to rough out. I use the release on the front of board and a snap swivel on the rear of board. Put a small split shot a few feet up from the bait to stop the board from sliding down to the fish after it releases.

rayman96

Planer boards
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 03:41:00 am »
I run the in-line boards and love them.  I lock them in place and remove them as they come onboard.  Then you can fight the fish free from the board.

darkfisher

Planer boards
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 10:45:00 pm »
what is the best way to lock them in place?

Strike Zone

Planer boards
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2008, 04:07:00 pm »
Offshore OR 16 / 18 releases for the offshore boards.  For the Church boards, an elastic band around the fron release clip will ensure its locked down tight.