Author Topic: HOW TO GET MORE PULL ON YOUR HOMEMADE BOARDS IDEA  (Read 9803 times)

getitwet

HOW TO GET MORE PULL ON YOUR HOMEMADE BOARDS IDEA
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 08:29:00 am »
I don't think it will.  Just a personal opinion.

We built a custom mast with a x-strong base.

Frank has had to re-enforce his Big Jons to work as well.

Once you have the system  right you won't have any problems

Yvan

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

karl

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 03:04:00 pm »
i've got riveara trpple boards with their mast and have no problems.the only problem with franks boards is seeing the things i've come pritty close to yvan and more than once almost locked boards or ran them over.

Hoover

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2009, 03:11:00 pm »
lol Karl, I believe the spring scotty you almost got my Franks boards too lol! ha!  Ya you can't see em thats for sure!  But with 600 lb test on the mast and 3 wires suporting it, i dont think your triples wanna tangle with Franks boards!

Got any Two Fish Flags? i could put them on the boards for you to see em!

Hoover

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2009, 03:14:00 pm »
Riviera mast will handle them with a few mods, support wires, the way you stop the cord has to be changed the plastic tabs break off.  I use a stop strap that goes through a loop at 180', then you need to put eyelets on so the line doesnt fall off.   and the 600lb test spectra!  Then your golden!

karl

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2009, 07:07:00 pm »
ya i remember i was gon'a say  that u could't even see your own boards untill i mentioned that they were in my prop wash,but i'm play'n nice .i'll get hollywood to make some flags up for ya so the rest of us can stay out of your way.ha ha ha see u in the spring

hotreels

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2009, 07:16:00 pm »
or you could off the Riveara and get a BIG JON planer mast that will work right out of the box........

TOTW

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2009, 07:18:00 pm »
Dave you are gonna love those new BIG JON BRUTE RIGGERS you picked up for your boat.  And they will match your Planer mast too!

hotreels

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2009, 07:38:00 pm »
I know I'm really looking forward to them............   :P

karl

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2009, 08:00:00 pm »
my mast is aluminum not composite like i said it  works fine,auto reels work good,tripples work fine.every tool has it's job and unless your running a bunch of divers off them riviera system works fine.in fact the auto reel are sweet just drive over to the board and lift it out done.for core we haven't had a problem .i still have my cedar boards i made them and they also pull hard if you wan't to save some cash build your own it's easy.  
[image]

Hoover

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2009, 10:35:00 pm »
dont worry the new boat will have a big jon mast!  electric.... probably wireless remote too!

GET BENT

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2009, 10:04:00 am »
Karl not to alarm you, but you have a Rat eyeing up your boards.  :)

karl

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2009, 12:59:00 pm »
thats the wifes dog he's quite photogentic.

Kinetic

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2010, 07:48:00 am »
The farther back you attach the tow line the greater the angle of cut therefore greater pull to a point. Made a heavier(1 1/2"thick spruce) & slightly longer(6") set following the same plan as "Trannymans" resulting so much pull that my 6"4" partner can only bring them in when out of gear. They run about 1 1/2" outta water & vary close up by comparison. Since pulling em in is such a task I'll be moving the tow point foreword this year till they can be pulled in at 1.5mph. My 2 cents worth. PS Been out with Al, his work exceptionally.
Andre

mothermoose

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2010, 08:52:00 pm »
THESE WILL PULL:http://www.auroralitestackle.com/planerboards.html

MM