Author Topic: Release clips??  (Read 2178 times)

Crowes'Nest

Release clips??
« on: June 16, 2009, 10:51:00 pm »
Hey guys
im getting set up to run big boards, I'll probably only put em out to keep other boats away but may run some large copper rigs on occasion...
What would be best clip recomended for this? and please give your reason why you like the clip aswell(advantages/disadvantages)

Thanks in advance
Rob

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

grandpajim

Release clips??
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 08:28:00 pm »
I use the white Off-Shore light releases off the big boards. As long as the line from the rod tip to the release is out of the water, these provide more than adequate hold to bury the hook. They are very simple to deploy and are reasonably priced.

gambler

Release clips??
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 05:44:00 pm »
I run the Scotty releases on my Otter Boats for all of my coppers.  I use the small plainner releases for coppers under 300' without flashers and the big ones for coppers 300' and bigger and coppers with flashers.  A little $ saving tip, look for the Scotty Double stacker releases and cut the line between them and add a shower curtain hook.

Gman

Release clips??
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 10:18:00 pm »
Love the #16 elastics,,,just like Mr. Keating  :)

Once half-hitched #16 is good for 10-12 color core once you get heavier go double, or if you're pulling serious amounts of copper go triple.

Never had any issues.

Hope this helps.

Cheers G.

karl

Release clips??
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 11:42:00 pm »
orange off shore clips on shower curtan rings easy .

patkirby

Release clips??
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 11:51:00 pm »
Rob,,come and see me,, I don;t know what they are called,,but the charter guys my way,,use these....Orange,
clipper Release's brought to you by Amishoutfitters, they snap on the line,,, use an elastic,, and the tension is adjustable     .Pat