Author Topic: planer boards  (Read 2181 times)

schase1

planer boards
« on: February 20, 2010, 08:58:00 am »
In the past I would run planer boards and when the fish hit, I would let the planer board slide down.  I was told that this is hard on the knots and that I should unclip the board after the fish hits.  How do you guys clip the board on, so you don't lose it.  I use my planaer boards with lead behind them.

thanks

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

riggermortis

planer boards
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 10:21:00 am »
It depends which kind of boards your running. The walleye boards will stay put as is out of the package and with the offshore boards a lot of us change the clips to or-18 on the front and an or-16 on the rear of the board. That'll hold them in tight even with braid.

schase1

planer boards
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 02:22:00 pm »
tanks

I run the big yellow birds

clam2

planer boards
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 10:24:00 pm »
If you run Yellow Birds or Big Birds, you might want  to try replacing the stock releases with the otter style of release (like Big Jon and others make) that is more of a push pin style.....

You can really jam the pin in to ensure it doesnt trip so you can reel the board in and release it inside the boat so you are then just fighting the fish and not damaging the line like when it slides down to the fish after tripping....

[image]

schase1

planer boards
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 09:13:00 am »
thanks

going to the sportsmanshow nest week, will keep an eye out for them.

much appreciated

skamper35

planer boards
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 01:13:00 pm »
I have a feeling you would be better off trying to contack BigJon in order to get these clips...I had to go to them, because I could not get them at shows???Bernie

schase1

planer boards
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 07:47:00 am »
i was at Bass pro shop on saturday and they had them there $7.88 for a pak.  Two in a pak, I pciked some up.

later