Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
General Board / Re: Educate me.
« Last post by rizher on Today at 12:09:42 pm »
An extra advantage is blood spoils before meat.

Gives you more time for fishing on the water. :D

This is the main reason.  It's applicable to all animals.  First thing I do with Seal, Moose, deer... is bleed them as much as possible.  Meat farmers do the same, and for cattle and pigs this is usually the way they are slaughtered as well; called exsanguination.

Does it affect taste?  I think so.  The issue is that if you are used to a certain taste and like it, then maybe don't change your habits. Just keep in mind that blood turns rancid pretty fast.  So if you are going to be a long time before preparing the meat/fist bleeding is the way to go.

General Board / Re: Dipsey Rods for Lake Erie recommendations?
« Last post by drjoe on Today at 10:29:01 am »
Ditto re. " MINNONITE " ! It is the action of the rod ! Or as we say in shooting " It is not the gun but the gunner ! " I would go with a stiffer rod but thanks for asking !
General Board / Re: Dipsey Rods for Lake Erie recommendations?
« Last post by MINNOWNITE on Today at 09:13:14 am »
I think it all comes down to the action of the rod. Regardless of brand. you want a heavy action rod.
Personally I love the Diawa wilderness rods. Theyre inexpensive and do the job i need them to do fairly well. I run 9' Heavy action.
General Board / Dipsey Rods for Lake Erie recommendations?
« Last post by WITTER on January 16, 2022, 10:12:01 pm »
Looking for recommendations for Dipsey Rods that aren't like broom sticks (Talora) but are still able to handle a #1 model Dipsey without bending over in a C shape. Makes and models and length of rod advice would be appreciated. The rigger rods I used were obviously to soft for this application. Last year was my first year on Lake Erie. Have lots to learn....lols
Thx
Barry
Buy & Sell / Ice Hut Wood Stove
« Last post by shasang on January 15, 2022, 02:43:28 pm »
I have an old wood stove for sale. It would be great for an Ice Hut or whatever. The dimensions are 34" long x 24" high x 14" wide. Needs a wire brush taken to it. I'm asking $115. obo.  Location is Brantford or Simcoe area. Text or call 519-427-3735
Buy & Sell / Re: Wtb. Rapala rsc roller rod
« Last post by waterboy on January 14, 2022, 01:36:05 pm »
FYI Iím in hamilton and willing to travel a bit
Buy & Sell / Wtb. Rapala rsc roller rod
« Last post by waterboy on January 14, 2022, 01:35:13 pm »
Yes looking for one or more.  Any  Length 8-10í is fine.   Please pm me what you have  to sell.  Thanks
General Board / Re: Daiwa reel repair
« Last post by WallyAndre on January 13, 2022, 09:21:56 pm »
Thanks guys!
« Last post by blackeyes on January 13, 2022, 07:58:26 pm »
I usually send a couple of reels to Rocky's Tackle Service in Orillia every winter. I just mail them, repairs made and there sent back. Very reasonable prices and I can't drive there for the cost of shipping.
« Last post by JpScribbler on January 13, 2022, 04:28:54 pm »
You can try Ken Cook - operates Kenny's Reel Repair. He's in Hamilton. He's always done good work for me and he has a lot of industry contacts.
His number is 905-979 5152  [email protected]

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10