Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Buy & Sell / Re: **Lymans**
« Last post by drjoe on Today at 06:46:46 am »
Some interesting reading ! Do not give up on J-Plugs ! My Lymans did not do much for me except the chartreuse/black ladder back which was so beat up I gave it away when I sold all mine .
Buy & Sell / Re: Drift Socks
« Last post by b_anu00 on May 05, 2021, 10:28:39 pm »
What size are they and where are you located?

Cheers
B
Buy & Sell / Re: 15 lb black sharks
« Last post by b_anu00 on May 05, 2021, 10:27:11 pm »
Do you (or anyone) have experience with these using cannon mag 5's? Currently running 12 lb's but am interested in trying more weigt for those deeeeeep days.

Cheers
B
Buy & Sell / Re: track adapters
« Last post by b_anu00 on May 05, 2021, 10:21:36 pm »
The cheapest I can make them for with current material cost + time + tooling these days is literally $39 a piece (unless I make 200 at a time). Straight up, Im making $11 profit lol. I'm not in it to retire on just to be able to make more stuff. Send me a PM and we'll chat.

Cheers
B
Buy & Sell / Re: track adapters
« Last post by Papafishin on May 05, 2021, 07:24:56 pm »
Hey Iíll take them for 40.00 plus shipping
General Board / Re: Long distance towing?
« Last post by Fishquest on May 05, 2021, 06:30:12 pm »
I'd take the boat and as mentioned travel the north route along Hwy11 as its almost flat all the way. Its alot easier on the vehicle but it can be boring. I travel it a couple times a year with trailers loaded to the max.

One bit of advice if you go that way is fill up in Hearst as there is no gas till Longlac about a 2.5 hr stretch of highway and the opposite on the way back.

This route has many great stops along the way for food, fuel and last minute supplies.

You'll be happy having your own boat for the trip.
« Last post by HBC on May 05, 2021, 05:58:54 pm »
I have used the Best Lure wooden plugs.  They work, but I collect the lymans and still prefer the older non-shovelnose versions for action.

I also am on that FB site and all raffles are legit. 
« Last post by kayakhank on May 05, 2021, 05:32:35 pm »
Agreed.  Price is really high.

I saw on a facebook group guys raffling off Lymans.  Basically, the guy raffles of 10 lymans. you buy a ticket for 20 dollars and there are 20 spots, so he gets 40 bucks per lyman.

I would be concerned that the guy raffling would basically pick his buddies name/spot and they could split the proceeds and not give up anything.   I guess I am skeptical and I hate lotteries for the most part.

There is a company out west that makes a cedar plug called best or best lure co.  Not sure if anyone had ever tried it or had success with it.

North Shore Reports / Re: North Shore Lake Ontario trib - Spring Steelhead
« Last post by BillM on May 05, 2021, 01:57:55 pm »
I hope you kept that last fish, lol.

She was excellent smoked...

Good deal!
« Last post by HBC on May 05, 2021, 01:31:37 pm »
Some size 5, 6 and 9's came with the bead/chain style and then eventually had two or three series of hooks.  The older ones were the bead style.  Even the old size 4's came with that.

$50 per is too rich for this guy....hell I'd sell my entire collection for that price at $50 each.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10