Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
General Board / Re: Dipsey Rods for Lake Erie recommendations?
« Last post by drjoe on Today at 10:29:01 am »
Ditto re. " MINNONITE " ! It is the action of the rod ! Or as we say in shooting " It is not the gun but the gunner ! " I would go with a stiffer rod but thanks for asking !
General Board / Re: Dipsey Rods for Lake Erie recommendations?
« Last post by MINNOWNITE on Today at 09:13:14 am »
I think it all comes down to the action of the rod. Regardless of brand. you want a heavy action rod.
Personally I love the Diawa wilderness rods. Theyre inexpensive and do the job i need them to do fairly well. I run 9' Heavy action.
General Board / Dipsey Rods for Lake Erie recommendations?
« Last post by WITTER on January 16, 2022, 10:12:01 pm »
Looking for recommendations for Dipsey Rods that aren't like broom sticks (Talora) but are still able to handle a #1 model Dipsey without bending over in a C shape. Makes and models and length of rod advice would be appreciated. The rigger rods I used were obviously to soft for this application. Last year was my first year on Lake Erie. Have lots to learn....lols
Thx
Barry
Buy & Sell / Ice Hut Wood Stove
« Last post by shasang on January 15, 2022, 02:43:28 pm »
I have an old wood stove for sale. It would be great for an Ice Hut or whatever. The dimensions are 34" long x 24" high x 14" wide. Needs a wire brush taken to it. I'm asking $115. obo.  Location is Brantford or Simcoe area. Text or call 519-427-3735
Buy & Sell / Re: Wtb. Rapala rsc roller rod
« Last post by waterboy on January 14, 2022, 01:36:05 pm »
FYI Iím in hamilton and willing to travel a bit
Buy & Sell / Wtb. Rapala rsc roller rod
« Last post by waterboy on January 14, 2022, 01:35:13 pm »
Yes looking for one or more.  Any  Length 8-10í is fine.   Please pm me what you have  to sell.  Thanks
General Board / Re: Daiwa reel repair
« Last post by WallyAndre on January 13, 2022, 09:21:56 pm »
Thanks guys!
« Last post by blackeyes on January 13, 2022, 07:58:26 pm »
I usually send a couple of reels to Rocky's Tackle Service in Orillia every winter. I just mail them, repairs made and there sent back. Very reasonable prices and I can't drive there for the cost of shipping.
« Last post by JpScribbler on January 13, 2022, 04:28:54 pm »
You can try Ken Cook - operates Kenny's Reel Repair. He's in Hamilton. He's always done good work for me and he has a lot of industry contacts.
His number is 905-979 5152  [email protected]

General Board / Daiwa reel repair
« Last post by WallyAndre on January 13, 2022, 10:39:25 am »
I have a Daiwa reel that need some attention. I call A. Aikman but couldn't understand them over the phone,accent was to strong for me; I then try to get in touch with Rockey's Tackle but no answer over the phone.

Anybody's know a good repair shop for my Daiwa. It's my trolling reel IVC15 with a digital counter; it's the counter that is defective
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10