Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
I spoke with officers on the same morning the parking authority ticketed a still dripping truck/trailer before my eyes...I was going to launch next...but waited until day break to avoid the $100 fine!  Yes I checked the ticket on their windshield in case it was operating with no insurance or something unrelated...but no it was due to launching before 6am.  I then walked over to 3 x cruisers just chilling in the empty parking lot corner in the dark, and Cops said it's not their call, reach out to the parking authority or 311, or local MPP.

I did that as well and got bounced around between the Toronto Parking Authority, Local MPP, city councilors as well as Parks dept. from last July to February when I finally gave up...

Here was the final answer I received from councilor bradfords office...Note: this is for Humber Bay Launch, Ashbridges Bay Launch, and Bluffers Launches.

"Kirsten Hay
Attachments
Wed, 21 Feb, 16:52
to Councillor, me

Hi Tony,

Thank you for following up! I spoke with the TPA, and Parking Tags at the City and they both let me know that as this parking lot is managed by the Parks, Forestry, and Recreation department, any changes in the hours would need to go through their office.

I asked PFR about this and although they do not have an issue with fisherman using the boat launch prior to 6am, they cannot change the parking lot hours as they are tied to the "operating" hours of parks across the city of Toronto (parks in Toronto are "closed" from 12am-6am).  PFR also insisted that they are not the ones calling parking enforcement.

The only other option I can suggest is asking PKE to add this to their considerations list, so that vehicles using the parking lot to launch fishing boats are not ticketed.  We can make this request, but it's generally up to the officers individual discretion.

Apologies our office couldn't be of more assistance here!

Kirsten"

So basically a roll of the dice whether you will receive the "earlybird special" Code No 00257 Violation - Park vehicle in park (Not in designated space/CONTRARY TO POSTED CONDITIONS)
Administrative penalty amount $100

The contrary to posted conditions is the 'gotcha', as it clearly is posted no overnight parking 12am-6am.

If anyone wants to carry the torch from here, be my guest but I am tapped out by the bureaucracy and I don't even live in the city, was just trying to help out fellow anglers during derby season...

Tony

General Board / Re: Herring Strips...
« Last post by Floater on April 15, 2024, 08:04:07 am »
Me too  please. PM sent
General Board / Re: Silver Salmon
« Last post by antondavel on April 14, 2024, 07:15:58 pm »
Thats too bad.
Thanks for the response Leo
General Board / Re: Silver Salmon
« Last post by Leo on April 14, 2024, 02:41:33 pm »
It's not happening this year, I hear.
General Board / Silver Salmon
« Last post by antondavel on April 14, 2024, 09:37:03 am »
Anyone hear anything about the Silver Salmon derby for 2024?
I see GOSD has their info posted for this year.
« Last post by Bos on April 13, 2024, 10:11:08 am »
I have lots Jim.  One $45 case of herring makes around 120 strips. Ill text you
On the weekend it’s free till 9 am
You must pay after 9 on the app
I Called last year
Electronic Set-up and Installation / Re: New transducer hds gen2 touch
« Last post by skippersam on April 12, 2024, 10:54:12 pm »
The Lowrance three and one is an excellent transducer.
« Last post by Kooter on April 12, 2024, 10:51:09 pm »
Hey bos.  Looking to buy case of herring so I can brine them.  Do you have and suggestions to order or buy case thx jim 905-577-1746
North Shore Reports / Re: Bowmanville boat ramp update
« Last post by HBC on April 12, 2024, 01:32:20 pm »
Nothing to worry about.  The out of province anglers don't look at parking lines.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10