Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
North Shore Reports / Looking for Live conditions report
« Last post by Pescado on Today at 05:36:40 pm »
Any out on the lake right now (west end)  how's the waves?  Just want to know if I should plan a trip out...thanks.
General Board / Re: A general plan to locate fish?
« Last post by Duffin on Today at 05:00:27 pm »
When we started out we simply followed the Charter boats, then developed our own game plan. Our course the charters have all the kit too, so their success may be different than yours, buts its a start....just don't follow too close, thats not cool.
North Shore Reports / Re: Fish Hawk X4d
« Last post by quartapound on Today at 04:45:14 pm »
Must admit, my most important tool in my boat other than the boat itself is my FishHawk.

I'd have to agree....  And I love their marketing  "Trolling without a FishHawk is called boating"
North Shore Reports / Re: Fish Hawk X4d
« Last post by Kinghunted on Today at 04:19:04 pm »
Speed and temp..........depends... .........all the time!

Early season in cold water (<50) i tend to troll spoons 2.1 to 2.3 mph.  Later in season i'll move up to 2.6 to 3.0 for spoons.  For flasher/bait i generally stay below 2.0 and sometimes go down to 1.6 at the ball.

SD/Fly i usually don't exceed 2.5 mph.

Lymans >2.5 up to 3.5 (this is a instinctive strike program)

Don't try to mix and match without making sure they work on your intended speed.  Also, fine tuning your troll by .2 mph by engaging your big motors prop if running a kicker between free and in gear can really help you dial them in.

Before I got my FishHawk about 10 years ago I relied on 'time on the water' watching closely which direction the hits came, with the waves or not, if inside or outside turns (slower on inside, faster on outside) then adjusting for this. 

Must admit, my most important tool in my boat other than the boat itself is my FishHawk.
South Shore Reports / Re: Forans June 23
« Last post by malew on Today at 04:18:16 pm »
Both green/silver spin doc with green NBF fly. Spoons silver streak green/blue and getitdone copper back, nearly all at 2.2 mph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
South Shore Reports / Re: Forans June 23
« Last post by Joes13 on Today at 04:12:31 pm »
Great report. What were they hitting? Flies or spoons. I want to go out soon
North Shore Reports / Re: Port hope/Wicklow
« Last post by kris on Today at 04:09:02 pm »
Water is only 3 feet at launch and going out you must hug the wall to the west. I run an 18foot boat so i'm good if you try to go out straight down the middle between piers you will run into the sand bar less than 12 inches. I mostly fish east there is some humps in front of Esco plant in 80ft of water.
North Shore Reports / Evening Bite - Clarkston
« Last post by Kinghunted on Today at 04:08:27 pm »
Got out last night at 6:00 and fished till 9:00.  Ended up 7 for 8, 2 bows, 5 kings, the largest at 22 and 25.2 lbs.  Big king hit green/blue magnum shoehorn down 52 over 200, other king hit frog UV Mich. Stinger down 27 feet with a 75' lead.

Bows came off 6 colour leadcore on flatline with a Rac Greasy Chicken spoon; speed 2.2 at the ball.  Temps were cold, cold; surface at 48F and 45F down 25 feet....gin clear!

Big king fought like a champion and pulled into the backing on my ABU 7000 reel; big fish in cold June water can't beat them, they are at their prime right now!

I was a little surprised given we didn't mark any bait or any hooks but still managed a few good ones!
North Shore Reports / Port Hope
« Last post by kris on Today at 04:03:25 pm »
Hit the lake at 530. Stopped in 80ft water was 48 surface went out to 175 ft surface was 51 degree.Down 45ft on ball temp was 47 perfect ended the day with 12 bows and 1 teen salmon. Michael Jackson out 60 down 35ft caught most of our fish. Maybe this weekend the salmon will show up.
South Shore Reports / Forans June 23
« Last post by malew on Today at 04:01:19 pm »
We have started catching some reasonable chinooks, 85 to 120 fow ,  catching them 45 to 60 ft down. Water temp 65*F on surface, 50*F 45 to 50ft down, thermocline has set up there, warmer pockets in places, also nice rainbow mixed in also 30 ft down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10