Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
General Board / Re: Downriggers
« Last post by rockin-steelhead on September 23, 2021, 11:47:37 pm »
You asked the same question on Sept 13th.
General Board / Re: Downriggers
« Last post by Bob Webster on September 23, 2021, 10:31:15 pm »
I like the Scotty.  Canadian company.
Stand behind their products too.  I own two electric and one manual.

I've used Canon manuals on a friend's boat.   They work fine.   I hear good things about there electrics too.

As for where to buy.   I bought a used set,  Scottys , for a buddy,  on this site.   Keep your eyes on the posts...

Bob
hard to say. I had a smart troll controller unit shipped from the states earlier this year. I asked for it to ship in April. Due to part shortage, it shipped in early July. It arrived at customs in Canada the next day. It sat at Customs for almost a month, and then, suddenly it was cleared  it was at my door. with a COD for GST payable.
One red flag for me with your situation - they have a website, but their email address is a gmail. Some website providers don't host email, but most do. Their website is fairly extensive, so I would expect them to have their own domain for emails. Even if the host doesn't have email its only a few bucks for a year of hosting with another hosting service using your own email domain (I have done this with my consulting biz, so I speak from experience).
The backlog in logistics right now is well beyond anything we are used to. 30 days is not unusual.  I hope its just a processing delay and you get your product.
Situations like this only reinforce my belief to buy local - unless you know someone who has successfully done business with them before - which is what happened with my purchase.  Its a sad reality that the internet is creating a whole new opportunity for folks to be ripped off.

a last note - I don't have the skills, but if you know an IT geek - they can tell you an awful lot about where a business is located from their web presence.   
Buy & Sell / Re: GOSD Bradley Smoker
« Last post by Row dog on September 23, 2021, 02:20:40 pm »
where are you located  Thnx dan
General Board / Downriggers
« Last post by zman on September 23, 2021, 12:30:59 pm »
Hi Everyone
I have been on the hunt for dwnriggers and been trying to read allot about them and reviews
Seems Scotty is good and Canon.

Would all of you be able to provide some advise on purchasing new or used and are down riggers just a preference like trucks when it come to makes ?
Buy & Sell / 2 Walker electric tournament downriggers
« Last post by adereski on September 23, 2021, 11:08:48 am »
2 Walker electric tournament, long arm downriggers, both with auto stop capability

Both are spooled with 200lb downrigger power pro braid
Both have swivel bases

Spare motor, spool (spooled with downrigger cable - will need to be replaced), and 2 extra clutches

600.00  willing to ship at buyers expense

text 705-nine.1.four-one.1.two.8

** Custom made risers separate

Lake Erie / Niagara / Ice fishing outfitters
« Last post by Cavan Catcher on September 23, 2021, 09:06:42 am »
It is that time of year when I plan my annual ice adventure with the guys. The place that we normally go to, on lake Joe, was sold during covid. I was thinking about trying a trip to Erie this year.

Can anyone recommend a good location to ice fish on the lake?  A place near by to stay? Perhaps a cabin rental or lodge?

Our trip size averages between 10 and 16 people. Most of us have machines if we need to travel on the ice and those that donít often walk or we make multiple trips to get everyone to the fishing grounds.

Thanks Iím advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
looks suspicious to me. I'd ask my CC for a refund
Buy & Sell / Re: GOSD Bradley Smoker
« Last post by drjoe on September 22, 2021, 07:43:55 pm »
I will start at $ 250
Buy & Sell / GOSD Bradley Smoker
« Last post by chasin tails on September 22, 2021, 10:33:05 am »
Was awarded this smoker as a prize this year and not required. Retails for $479.00
Best offer owns it. 519.766.7150
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10